Spam messages on my mobile number...

• Thread starter Thread starter waiwai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,919

waiwai

ISP
Airtel
I am receiving these spam messages from this number "50600" regularly.Any idea how to raise a complaint or filter such things ?The messages are garbled most of the time and do not make much sense. More often they read like "fr:[email protected] spshj wdyui 1223 sdhu asdhj for free site visit... help.."and sometimes like "fr:meshsuf@iduiajsdhj : get a free website ,amsdkla akjdh akshdjahsjkdhkja"

Resigter for NDNC.sms START DND to 121. Wait for 45 days. If still, you continue to receive those messages, call 121 and complain mentioning that you have already registered for NDNC. :)Registering in NDNC should actually solve this problem. Else, Email Customer Care / Nodal Officer.

I have already registered for that months back.. may be i have to call them and follow it up

well..I don't think NDNC is working as it is supposed to be.I had registered for NDNC wid IDEA and was confirmed by their customer care. Used to get some annoying ad's from Ibibo. but i did not mind that since i had given by number to them. last day got a call from a IDEA person who was trying to sell his postpaid. i reminded him that am registred in NDNC and the chap immediately disconnected the line. I don't understand what;s the point in registering for NDNC when they still make the calls.:@:@:@

It really sucks !This guy from HDFC got my number from somewhere, I think from the bank itself, as i have an account with them, and keeps sms-ing about personal loans etc.. when i called back and told him to stop, he says you he is only sms-ing and not calling, and thus not doing anything illegal :( Everything in India is at such a nascent stage, dont know when guidelines, legalities will be finalized :(

These spam sms' s are a pain most times.We need stricter guidelines and legal action must be taken against spammers.

I wonder if I am the only one getting spams from "50600". Is there anybody else getting the same ????

----------

I wonder if I am the only one getting these spam messages from "50600". Is there anyone else out there, who is also getting these ???

Congrats.... You have become millionth crorepati through that website.

Back