Speed Boost on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter amit_dp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 10,149
Its not like that what you said. speedboost is usally there if they open port when they are cleaning ports .
and check AIRTEL spelling . you have written AIRTAIL !!:D

I know dude. i was using sarcasm.. try to understand mate... :p

Recently there was another speed boost for my connection... I restarted the router as I was having some problems with my connections and whoila! After restarting I got 254 KBps (1.98 Mbps) for about 24 hours. I ended up seeding 10 GB and downloading another 10 GB. :yahoo:

Recently there was another speed boost for my connection... I restarted the router as I was having some problems with my connections and whoila! After restarting I got 254 KBps (1.98 Mbps) for about 24 hours. I ended up seeding 10 GB and downloading another 10 GB. :yahoo:

Thats awsome !! I love when there is speedboost by AIRTEL.;) I wish I get it again . r u using open DNS or airtel DNS??

ya, lemme know too, whether u r using opendns or airtel dns. and whether speed boosts depend on type of dns used

I have been on airtel for nearly a year now but have never ever got a speed boost.:|BTW DNS has nothing to do with speed boost

i just remember getting double speed at nights for a period of time. but that was an official policy of airtel during those days on some packages.

I too got speed boosts in the first few months, but that was not consistent, happened only occasionally, mostly around 2 in the morning, lasted for about a couple of hours. I used to get 2 Mbps during those periods.

ya, lemme know too, whether u r using opendns or airtel dns. and whether speed boosts depend on type of dns used

I'm using Airtel DNS. I don't think this speed boost thingy depends on what DNS you're using. This is due to some system error or maybe this is purposely done to satisfy customers. :p

I'm on 1Mbps unlimited and I usually get around 1300 Kbps on my 1Mbps plan. Download speed is constant 150kBps :D

Yup! Me too. Right from day 1 (10-12 months, I guess).

Back