Speed Reduced From 2mbps To 256 Kbps

• Thread starter Thread starter Ankit Dayal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 9,631
@members/ayuboy/ please mention your tariff plan name as given in MTNL web site.
@members/gr8salil/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in Please mention your tariff plan correctly as mentioned in MTNL web site. and what you were billed last month. Only BB charges.
Broadband
web site MTNL Delhi for all BB Tariff plans.
So that other MTNL users can guide you.

(A) TRIB 749NU Rs 749 speed upto 2 Mbps Day 1.25 GB NU free
(B) TRIB unlimited Rs 799 speed upto 256 Kbps
( C) TRIB Combo unlimited. Rs 899/= speed upto 256 Kbps.

Thank you for the warm welcome essbebe, i have a broadband plan named "TriB_Unlimited_256Kbps" and the rent for which is 849Rs pm. I think its the Rs 799 plan with Rs. 50 as the modem rent.
The same plan was available for Rs. 950 pm i suppose, and it was brought down to 849Rs pm a few months back.
Now the other plans clearly specify that they are provided with a speed of 'upto 2 Mbps' but the unlimited plans have 256Kbps thing attached with them.

I believe that all the plans with MTNL are upto 2Mbps, cuz i was using my existing plan with 2mbps of speed for 3 months now. Even my neighbor with the same plan gets 2Mbps.

I'm plannin to drop a few more emails on [email protected] with my complaint no. in it this time.
Its been only 2 days since i have this problem. I'll wait for a few more days for the MTNL people to sort this out.
If nothing happens, i'll reach out for higher officials at MTNL.
They are correct in saying that they are selling the plan saying that it is 256kbps and i still get the service they sell out, but i can't just sit around and accept this when everyone else in delhi gets 2Mbps for the same price and connection.

Tip:
Don't tell them that u were on 2Mbps (~220KBps) and now u r onto 256Kbps (30KBps). They'll only argue with you. Just tell them that u r getting poor download speeds as compared to what u used to get and need to get it fixed.

Same thing happened to me too.
When i asked the CC to increase it to 2048 from 256. They were very confused.
After some explanation they said that my plan was 256_UL. so its fine for that connection:(.{I use WiFi router supplied by MTNL.}
When i told them that my speed earlier was 220+-kbps and now its 11-15 kbps. then they said that they will forward it to the tech and fix it.

According to TRAI regulations the ISP must provide at least 80% of the mention speed of the connection.
For [email protected]=80/100*256=204kbps
512 kps plan speed=410kps
and for 2 mbps i.e. 2048 kbps=1680kbps

as for the reason of lower Dl speeds then mentioned i package is because as soon as the data leaves the exchange laws of physics acts and sience students may now the explaination for this.

This is my current result.

TOO BAD ISN'T IT?
:(

https://www.speedtest.net/

:thumbsup:

I havent got my speed back yet. I'll wait for 2 mre days.

Good Luck

Hey! I checked my email and i got this reply from [email protected]
Can anyone understand this?

Userid/Tel.No ***
Account No: ***
Status 10100 Status Active Plan: Email Deal Plan: TriB_Unlimited_256Kbps Virtual Mac: fe:00:31:58:01:d5----- Original Message ----- From: [email protected] Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:28 pm Subject : Very Urgent - Increase broadband speed > My MTNL no. is ***
> I am getting poor download speeds (256kbps) whereas i used to get
> 2Mbpsearlier.
> Please restore my broadband speed as soon as possible.
> Thanking you,
> Yours truly
> Salil Kumar
>
>
>
> ****************************************************
> VirusFree, Spamfree, power packed email service.
> Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited
> ****************************************************
>
>
>

VirusFree, Spamfree, power packed email service.
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited ****************************************************
----- Original Message -----From Date Wed, 14 May 2008 19:48:59 +0500 To [email protected] Subject Very Urgent - Increase broadband speed

My MTNL no. is ***
I am getting poor download speeds (256kbps) whereas i used to get 2Mbps
earlier.
Please restore my broadband speed as soon as possible.
Thanking you,
Yours truly
Salil Kumar

VirusFree, Spamfree, power packed email service.
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited

Another thing,
I get a feeling that everyone in Delhi is supposed to get 256kbps (30KBps) the TriB unlimited plan @ 799Rs pm. I was the only one gettin the 2Mbps speed for a few months and now they have corrected their settings.

Other MTNL users with the same plan (TriB unlimited), please share your maximum download speeds

/members/gr8salil/
i have a broadband plan named "TriB_Unlimited_256Kbps"
I feel your case is weak and you cannot claim higher speed upto 2 Mbps.
When you make a complaint, on phone or email, and even if you cleverly don't mention the tariff plan,it is all recorded in their computers and usage meters !. see the reply email !
Generally ISP 's offer low speeds for unlimited H24 usage, and price their plans accordingly.

For instance I have an Airtel free usage at 256 Kbps ( 0900PM-0800AM). If some day I get by chance higher speed ( say 1 Mbps), well and good. But cannot claim it as a matter of right.
For my BSNl Home 250 speed is upto 2 Mbps and i normally get 100 KB/sec to 200 KB/sec.

PS : In Email virtual MAC fe 00:31:58:01:d5------ probably identifying your modem, and forwarding it to tech section.

@gr8salil

hey buddy..u cannot do anything about it...coz u r only supposed to get 256kbps in 799 UL plan...even am on the same plan as urs and i get around 220kbps...

Well thanx for ur help, everyone.I guess i'll have 2 live with this poor speed. :(I wish i hadn't resetted my modem.Maybe i could have continued 2 use 2Mbps forever.I'm considering decapping (oops, its actually 'uncapping') my router thru a mod or smthin :evil:I heard that people can do that but ISP's maintain a check. I wonder if the ISP, especially MTNL would care for somethin like that.I'll have 2 do some R&D on D-Link routers!

First of all that capping thing works on Cable modems.in case of Adsl Modems the Sync settings are always sent from the Server and this is every time that you connect to their server.

Back