Star Plus HD added in Tata Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 14,747
I dont think the "audience" which watches these saas bahu serials care about HD or whatever.They are more interested in content.So the drive for the content providers to shoot it in HD is itself not that much strong.Thus the dish people take the easy way out of upscaling the content.This upscale gimmick wont work on channels such as Discovery and Natgeo coz the audience is wary of such things and know the obvious difference and basically they want to see the programs with better details and upscale content makes this point moot.But nonetheless, male members of the family will however be delighted to watch those saas and bahu's in their lavish splendor on proper hd. :-D

'Upscaling' wont be equal to HD, but certainly better than SD in many aspects. So its not wise to be critical of upscaling untill production houses and Channel studios upgrade their infrastructure. Though 9X and newsX had claimed their studios and many productions 'HD' or 'HD ready' 2 years back. Dont know what happened to them.It is not right to put 'HD' in channel name until its real HD. DirecTV and Dish Network had issue on the same line(Dish Network claimed of HD in its Advt. to get mileage over DirecTV) in US. Wish DirecTV join Indian DTH through some merger/tech-partnership, so that we could get plenty of quality channels in FULL HD(1080p) and probably 3D. And stable,hi-tech DVR STB too.

See, guys. What happens in upscaled channels??? Interpolation of signals on each other?I will explain in simple words.I was watching Sd star plus. That broadcast is in 576i. Correct? Now I have a 50 inch Panasonic V20 Plasma. It is connected to my HD box via HDMI. The signal on the TV always shows 1080i/50 hz since the box is relaying the transmission at that resolution to the tv. In other words, the BOX/Tv hardware ITSELF HAS TO UPSCALE the SD channel by interpolating the signal, processing it and displaying it on the TV.Then, I switched to HD, where the signal is the same 576i quality, but artificially upscaled by Tata Sky themselves (not by the box, not by the TV). Same transmission, same box, same tv. NO DIFFERENCE. Not even 1 %. I daresay the picture was smudged a little bit to extra processing done by Tata sky in upscaling the channel. Only difference here is that the box is receiving the upscaled signal and is just passing it. This points to the fact, that, theoretically if you have good hardware (good TV, decent HDMi cabling) you might have a better transmission while viewing Star SD, than the artificially upscaled Star HD. It's shocking, but true. I experienced it. Stupid gimmick by DTH providers.Garbage in, garbage out. Simple.

hey guys,

do you really see any much difference between the normal Star Plus and Star Plus HD channel, I hardly see 10% better picture quality to normal one. But yes discovery and nation geo HD are treat to watch.

Wel upscaled channels are useless, obviously NAT GEO and Discovery will be a treat to watch are they r only True HD 1080i

Star Plus HD is sadly not even in the wide 16:9 Format....it just adds Dolby 5.1 which is basical a Dolby Prologic II feed of the normal stereo feed......very sad indeed that they call it Star Plus HD. ....In fact the Nat geo HD feed is also compromised in TS HD as it has chinese subtitles and very funny surround sound which they claim is DD 5.1 but it is a matrix feed...2.1 being converted into 5.1 and that to incorrectly.....Discovery HD World is the only tru HD Channel but that too shows some stupid programming...not the great programs like Discovery Atlas or Discovery Life or Planet Earth.....India still remains third world for all the American Channels.

In fact the Nat geo HD feed is also compromised in TS HD as it has chinese subtitles and very funny surround sound which they claim is DD 5.1 but it is a matrix feed...2.1 being converted into 5.1 and that to incorrectly.....
Actually the problem is not with NG HD, rather the problem lies with Tata Sky HD and it is them we should be compplainign to. NG HD on SunDirect HD has true DD5.1 audio and in fact the audio is probably better than Discovery HD. Also, with SunDirect HD, there are no subtitles on the NG HD channel. It is only with TataSKy that these issues are there.

Hey Jignesh,I live in England and I want to watch Star Plus HD and I wanted to know if it's been added into England channels because I can't find it! Please tell me the channel Star Plus HD is on in England! Star Plus (normal) in England is channel 784! My network/broadband is SKY! Please tell me!ThanksSulaiman

Back