Star World Premiere HD on Tata Sky HD DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 35,303
I just renewed my subscription on Tata Sky 2 months back, so I'm stuck with them. And I too won't be watching this much, so not of much use to me. I have a query though. Is this channel available on other DTH providers? If yes, how are they pricing it and are they including it in their Mega Packs?
D2h is adding it tomorrow but pricing are same as Tata Sky.

I think there is a Diamond plan on Videocon D2H. But it is already missing tons of newer channels from what I hear. My dad's TV is on this plan I think. Sadly, it is used mostly for watching news and business news channels.

Basically, by introducing the specials clause, they have a way to avoid giving new channels to the subscriber? But what to do, koi legal alternate/option bhi nahi hai.

Going by the way D2H has added Star World Premiere as a separate channel, it is worth noticing that Star is dictating the terms of the deals and not the other way round. DTH operators need to work in tandem which sadly is not happening and are going by whatever pricing Star wants.
So please stop blaming your DTH providers. They alone are not responsible for this mess. Star equally is. Plus nobody is forcing you to subscribe to the channel. You can download the shows as you were doing before. Don't subscribe to the channel that's all. If everyone does this then maybe Star would understand that this is not the way to go ahead. Cut deals with the DTH operators and let them offer it under regular packs.
kkapoorr said:
Basically, by introducing the specials clause, they have a way to avoid giving new channels to the subscriber?
Btw Specials section was always there(with Topper channel). So its nothing new. They can always offer anything under it without offering it under any base pack.

Still quite happy without a television and a dth subscription. My household is already paying too much! (3 TVs. 2 Dish TV and 1 Videocon DTH subscriptions)

But are there any packs with D2h that are similar to Mega pack on TS?
They do not have funda of HD access fee. So, highest pack is platinum HD but Star World Premiere is not available in highest pack too.

Back