Star World Premiere HD on Tata Sky HD DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 35,303
Disappointed :(
But won't subscribe to this channel .. Watching the stuff online is a better option ..
Won't be subscribing the mega pack next time ...

Me too feeling cheated as i too have mega HD pack, and will surely bombard Tata Sky's social networking a/c with this and also not going to subscribe to this channel.

From their page
*Mega pack does not does not include any Channel (SD or HD) or services listed on Tata Sky as Specials. Specials includes Topper and Star World Premiere HD.
Also from their google cache, the old page says
##Mega pack doesn't include Specials* and Sun Network Channels, viz. Chutti TV, Gemini Comedy, Gemini Movies, Gemini Music, Gemini News, Gemini TV, Kiran TV, KTV, Sun Music, Sun News, Sun TV, Surya TV, Udaya Music, Udaya Movies, Udaya Comedy, Udaya TV, Udaya News. *Specials include Topper
So they do have the right to introduce any channel under Specials category and exclude it from Mega packs. That clears it I hope.

AFlyingKiwi said:
but how do they categorize a channel(mean if its special or not)
Based on what they want to charge and what they want to include in your existing package. I am sure the special is kept just for such cases where they can charge for new HD channels and such.
Moreover i expect the shows to be heavily censored.

Just had a thought. Would this channel mean that American broadcasters would start copyrighting their work here in India and targeting of international content on torrents (and other services) in India would start?

chromaniac said:
Just had a thought. Would this channel mean that American broadcasters would start copyrighting their work here in India and targeting of international content on torrents (and other services) in India would start?
I don't think that's related. Plus AFAIK, they don't really have to copyright their shows here, because India is a signatory to the WTO, we are obliged to recognize and respect all copyrights/trademarks from other signatory countries.
This is just them wanting to leverage extra money from people who want to watch the show at the same time as the US. If I had a HD PVR, I would have probably subscribed to it. I presume it doesn't cost them much/anything to license because FOX owns Sky and most of those shows would be produced by 20th Century Fox I guess.

Subscribed. Will watch shows like revenge and castle which doesn't have much of a censored content.

Back