• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,431

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Anyone here has any idea on how to activate online banking on a savings bank account? Would an application work or SBI has a form that's needed to be filled. Can I go to any branch or do I have to go to the parent branch.

Same question for changing the mobile number and email associated with a savings account.

No need to visit bank anymore.

Just follow this link

they say that the mobile number is not correct even though sms alerts used to come on the same number. few months ago even those alerts had stop coming. it's so annoying.

As @dextermorgan shared the link, you don't need to visit branch for internet banking if you have ATM card. In case of my father, he was issued an ATM card without username printed on kit(Acc. was opened by some welcome KIT) so he had to visit branch.
To change phone number and email id you need to visit local branch and if you are planning to visit branch it would be better to apply for IB there. If staff is helpful they would issue you the kit on-spot and it takes about 24hrs to be activated and you will be informed on your phone number.

I guess I would be visiting the parent branch. Local branch gets long queues.

By local branch I meant the branch where account is managed. SBI is not that customer friendly to help the customers of other branches.

local branch is the branch in my sector. parent branch is where the account is from. so this is why i would take dad to the parent branch with little expectations :P

actually just keep a mail to sbi saying its not recognising your number.

or call them. my friend had a small problem in sbi app and when called, the guuy sounded like a tech and understood and solved the problem in few hours

it's dad's account so dealing with customer care on the phone is a hassle. would ask him if he is comfortable dealing with sbi telephone support before leaving.

Back