Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 34,148
I personally like and prefer TP-Link Deco X series.

I have the X60 which is pretty good.

But it's part of my mesh and you want a single router? You can still browse tplink website for their latest models.

Asus seems to be another popular one.

I have used TP-Link routers and have good experience with AC ones and bad with AX .

Asus seems good but costlier than tplink. I am willing to try tplink for last one time. Lets c how it goes.

if Deco series provide customisation as per normal AX routers then i can go for decos

Oh then avoid Deco if you want detailed settings and customisation options.

My xe75 and x60 have basic app based settings and hardly anything is there in the web UI.

Question:

how much time it takes for airtel to route me back to local gateway when i opt to deactivate static ip ?

Offtopic for this thread but since I saw a reference to mesh wifi here comes my query - I am in the process of upgrading my wifi network primarily the routers/APs. What do you guys recommend in a mesh system? My preferred makes are Asus, Linksys and Netgear.

@nishantt6969 they did removed my static ip and i they routed me to local gateway but again after few days it changed me back to delhi gateway which gives high ping as compared to my local gateway.
Difference of 20 ms.

Engineer says we cannot do anything as they contacted backend team and they said that gateway is fine.

what should i do now ?

Yeah sometimes It gets stuck. You can just opt for static IP again and request to remove till they shift you to your original PPPoE gateway. Happened with me too, I made local airtel guys contact Gurgaon NOC and explained her the issue, she fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

Back