Stay away from AIRTEL

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul.sharma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 9,242
@rahul.sharma Where were u based previously? UK/US or else where in the west...You in Jammu and u actually believe that u will get better service than what we get in the metros? Now thats what one would call being over expectant.... Can you give me one good example of things working perfectly smooth in jammu apart from the Pahalwan di hatti and Nathu sweets...lmao..... you make me laugh.:rofl:I have seen 4 installations happen right on time at my place and my friends ..... so your just being the touchy one...... now go get your self some chocolate burfi....and chillax.:)

@rahul.sharma

Where were u based previously? UK/US or else where in the west...
You in Jammu and u actually believe that u will get better service than what we get in the metros?
Now thats what one would call being over expectant.... Can you give me one good example of things working perfectly smooth in jammu apart from the Pahalwan di hatti and Nathu sweets...lmao..... you make me laugh.:rofl:
I have seen 4 installations happen right on time at my place and my friends ..... so your just being the touchy one...... now go get your self some chocolate burfi....and chillax.:)

Thanks all for your various inputs. I was very much in Jammu and trust me one gets good service if you know to get it in Jammu. Pahalwan di hatti is Okay but nathu has fled from Jammu. That shop is know as Ganpati food junction.There is lot more in Jammu than sweets. Anyways lets come back to topic.

I got it installed it on saturday and following is my expereince after 48 hours .

Installation:

Was done neatly and was fast, no gadgets( like sat. meter or compass) were used and it took less than 30 minutes.

Image Quality:

I am using 29inch CRT and have found that colors are very soft and most of the channels have pixellation problem.. like watching VCDs. Seems compression is not that effective. The picture looks good if you sit 10 feet away from TV. The pixelation problem is severe with following Channels:-

1. AXN
2. All DD Channels
3. ETC.

Sound:-

Sound is as good as the speakers of the TV but I have found some channel to have audio sync problem for sometime in channels like CNBC-Awaz and PTC Punjabi. It corrects itself after 15 minutes or so.

Channel Lag:-

The channel lag is very much there and its around 2.5 second for each channel almost like TS but less than BIGTV

The interface is simple and like most of stb boxes out there.

Universal Remote:-

That thing did not work out with my TV remote ( Samsung Brand) was told that it is not compatible with samsung.

Channel Lag:-

The channel lag is very much there and its around 2.5 second for each channel almost like TS but less than BIGTV

The interface is simple and like most of stb boxes out there.

where did you learn to count, mate ? :eek:

"I am using 29inch CRT and have found that colors are very soft and most of the channels have pixellation problem.. like watching VCDs. Seems compression is not that effective. The picture looks good if you sit 10 feet away from TV. The pixelation problem is severe with following Channels:-

1. AXN
2. All DD Channels
3. ETC.

I agree with this, But " Its always better to watch TV, from some distance":D

Regarding AUDIO,
I never experienced the Audio Sync Issue, So Far.

But amazing CD Clarity Sound in the following channels,
Its really unbelievable and I never expected..:o

1. Asianet [ The best I will say] and Asianet Plus:yahoo:
2. Most Star Channels
3. NGC and Star Movies, and also many other channels.

I Can challenge, Its better than TS and Dish...:thumb:

@ rahul 2 of your problems are known issues.... Airtel DTH / Big TV don't show the best picture with CRT TV sets.... they work great with LCD HD sets.Known issue with almost all remotes for samsung TV sets.... the rest of problems ummm .... still better quality than what u get from other DTH providers.....

yaar, atleast they give u the instllation slot and for me they came in at the right time and i liked their professional attitudeand iam happy with the service

I think they embedded too much of stuff in the STB.Thats there are these small issues like Channel Lag and Audio Sync.Channel is lag at least is OK.But audio sync is something which Airtel has to correct soon.Because the issue is there in almost all the channels, when you are changing channels continously....But it gets corrected in 3 - 5 secs Max, which doesnt make much impact.STB is also getting heated very fast, and heavily... I am not sure whether its common.:confused:

i suggest u all to not go with airtel ,, go only with BIG TV---"TV HO TO BIG TV HO". in very near future reliance ADAG group is going to launch its on 20 channels (entertainment,sports,news,movies channels) which will be only available only on big tv

Back