Strange speed issue in BSNL ... who is eating my speed?

• Thread starter Thread starter cage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,604

cage

ISP
BSNL
I really need expert support I am using a laptop (good one) and BSNL BBG FN Combo 600 ... where I get 2mbps speed ... for download I get 200kB/s+ speed and upload 45kB/s+. Now, I also have some software loaded in Laptop like - cFosSpeed, NetBalancer, NetWorx, Skype ... there are many s/w loaded but these 4 could be the culprit Now, BSNL had own server issue so speed dropped and I had to wait 15-20 days ... after that they said speed is back to normal. But I am still getting low speed - 80-120kB/s download and 5-7kB/s upload!!!!BSNL now saying there could be a problem in my Laptop ... a software which is blocking speed!Can anyone let me know how to debug and check which software creating issue ... or it is still BSNL. I am not being able to run internet in safe mode ... so I am in a fix to understand which software could be the culpritAlso, all these software I am using for long ... and speed lowered down recently!Any expert help would be gladly appreciatedThanks in advance

May be they messed up something at exchange during maintenance.. Talk to someone knowledgeable at exchange

Even I was having the same issue. I'm having 512 speed but I was getting 320. So I called them up and asked them about it. Someone then fixed it for me and next day it was working fine.

Back