Suggestions To Improve Tata Sky Service

Meaculpa is spot on. Dish TV's customer care was almost non existent before the launch of Tata Sky and i believe it is still a lot inferior to that of tata's. A thing which dish tv people are well aware of. Their only selling point is the number of channels which does have a fair mix of foreign channels. If tatasky started offering similar number of channels with some variety , dish tv's new subscriber base will start falling rapidly.

What baffles me is this ;
Tata Sky, according to experts, can only add up to 30 new channels and there are no plans to enhance its transponder capacity soon.
This surely has to be a joke. With so many new channels set for launch by the year end , tatasky just cannot afford to sit and watch. They have to add channels even if it means compromising on the quality a little bit.

As if Theirry Henry's transfer to barcelona was not depressing enough for me , comes this news. May i also add that a couple of days back i met my cablewallah who has incidently started offering a STB for 2000 Rs and it has a channel capacity of 300. He also said that i can check the quality of the service before paying any money. :frown:

damn and i just had to buy the zee thing myself :(

Hi maahkaal,I think Tata Sky won't add new channels till upto they know some people drop. U are saying that so many channels will add by year end. year-end means, we have to wait for 5 months.

Not sure about others but i noticed a strange thing in Tata Sky service. When there is heavy rain , the signal is lost but the interesting thing is that it happens only for a couple of minutes (i.e during the start of the heavy downpour ) and then the signal comes back. Surprisingly the signal is not affected after that even if it is still raining heavily.

Not sure about others but i noticed a strange thing in Tata Sky service. When there is heavy rain , the signal is lost but the interesting thing is that it happens only for a couple of minutes (i.e during the start of the heavy downpour ) and then the signal comes back. Surprisingly the signal is not affected after that even if it is still raining heavily.

I am from chennai you are absolutely right. For me too, I lost signals for 2 - 4 times for the last 10 months due to rain. But it is affected only for 1 to 3 mins but once the signal comes back, there is no interupption of service after that even though if it rains heavily the service remains constant.

yes this was written earlier too and i think happens in in UK.. when it rains signal goes down but then once it comes it doesnt go down

I believe if your signal strength is high, it will survive the rain. Mine too, has only gone for a few minutes during heavy rains.

I believe if your signal strength is high, it will survive the rain. Mine too, has only gone for a few minutes during heavy rains.
That's not the case. Even i was of the same opinion before. My signal strength never goes beyond 50 and fluctuates between 40 and 50. I was a bit worried about it at the time of installation but the Tata Sky engineer told me that it is signal quality ( mine is 80 ) which is the most important thing. And it must be true as i have not had any problems until now except the signal interference at the start of a heavy downpour.

This thing had been discussed earlier too and i was hoping that some person with sound knowledge of electronics and telecommunication would be able to explain this thing as i haven't had much success with google.

Back