• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 13,305

mailtoviki

...Viki (a) PriYan...
ISP
BSNL
Sun TV launches three new FM stations

Mumbai: Sun TV Network Ltd has launched its FM radio stations at Rajkot, Aurangabad and Ahmedabad under the brand S FM from 21 April through its subsidiary South Asia FM Ltd.

These stations can be heard at 93.5 MHz frequency in Rajkot, Aurangabad and Ahmedabad and will cater to the audience of all age groups.

With the launch of these FM stations, the total operational FM stations of Sun TV goes up to 35 as it already operates at Chennai, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar, Tirupati, Madurai, Tuticorin, Lucknow, Bhopal, Pondicherry, Kozhikode (Calicut), Indore, Vijayawada, Varanasi, Tiruchy, Rajahmundry, Kanpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Mangalore, Kannur, Allahabad, Jabalpur, Mysore, Guwahati Jamshedpur, Nasik and Vadodara.

The company hold licenses for 45 FM radio stations across India and will be rolling out 10 more stations.

How about a tamil FM channel in bangalore ?!! wouldnt it be nice ???:P

I do not think there would be Tamil FM channel here in Bangalore. If you want to listen Tamil FM now we have many ways. SUN DTH.. a good source and it is available in internet too.But there is one possibility listen Tamil FM on your normal Radio and mobile. If Suryan FM starts its relay in Salem or in Hosur, we would be able to listen. Over air nobody can oppose the frequencies also as the station remains in TN, Kannada people can not do anything.I also wanted such a situation i hope soon SUN will starts its FM in Salem as Hosur is not an Tier 2 city or corporation.

Having an dedicated tamil FM station in bangalore may not be a possibility, but as bgltv suggested, they can have a station in hosur. Salem already has a relay station. It beams suryan fm of coimbatore. So the same model can be implemented in Hosur as well. It can beam either Chennai or Coimbatore's suryan FM. That way it will cover the whole of bangalore. At the end of the day, we need to listen to tamil songs no matter where it comes from ;)

Guys,Whenever I work in Hosur from Bangalore,I get FM channels of Bangalore till I reach Hosur border in my Creative ZEN while travelling in bus or car.It will be a very nice idea if Sun put a Tamil FM station tower at the border of Hosur-Kuppam-Bangalore so that all those Tamil friends living in these three states will bless the Sun network.Even the Telugu and Kannda population of these places will enjoy.Will they do it?

Back