Sunil Mittal gives up on cheap broadband in India: We are giving up on Airtel Broadband coz of FUP

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 29,107
I would rather have slow, but free internet, than have a fast net service with the govt is snooping around. Ofcourse overall I would like to have free and fast internet connection, like in most of the westren world.

Before i used to hear only one thing about Airtel Broadband: "It Rocks", "Airtel broadband totally rocks!", "I wish Airtel was present in my area :( ". I guess Airtel is bored of such comments and want something different!They should understand that Mobile customers and Broadband customers are different...Internat & Broadband users are much more intelligent and informed than mobile users. So they can't try to cheat the broadband users as they do with mobile subs!

Before i used to hear only one thing about Airtel Broadband: "It Rocks", "Airtel broadband totally rocks!", "I wish Airtel was present in my area :( ". I guess Airtel is bored of such comments and want something different!

They should understand that Mobile customers and Broadband customers are different...Internat & Broadband users are much more intelligent and informed than mobile users.
So they can't try to cheat the broadband users as they do with mobile subs!

The majority of the population in India is happy with a connection that just gives them basic browsing speeds. I don't think they are even aware of FUP or come close to crossing the limits because they don't realize the potential of the Internet. The people on this forum are a minority, and Airtel knows this. Consequently, even if they lose such a small consumer base of power users, they will still be making money off the majority.

I Agree this FUP is lame.. i mean they are legally cheating their users... and WIRED is the only solution.. WIRELESS sucks the latest example is TIKONA..

I don't agree that wireless is necessarily bad, with the right infrastructure you can provide service with much lower infrastructure costs for a higher speed. You may not get good stable pings for gaming but it would be ok otherwise.

the kind of population densities we have here in india... wireless broadband would cost as much as wireline broadband. remember the times when during major festivals, most SMS gateways just go down delivering messages hours after they were sent? cities in india... cannot sustain on wireless broadband alone. almost everywhere around the world, its wired broadband that is the primary form of connectivity. wireless is an alternative form of connectivity. rural areas, faroff places, hostile places...

Back