Tablet pc

• Thread starter Thread starter pta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 5,104

pta

ISP
bsnl
Hi i m planning to buy a tablet pc and i just want to know the one that would do good with a nominal price .Thank you.

ipad has a pretty nominal price (at least in the USA).

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

frankly speaking. i am not a fan of Apple. i have spent more than 2000 USD on their products and i am not a very impressed customer.

but ipad is something that few other companies have gotten right till now.

it is a perfect home computer. for people who do not understand computers. who do not WANT TO understand computers.

they just need a simple device that can let them manage their email and enable them to surf the web.

apple ipad does that and does that well (i hope/guess).

there are absolutely no worries about crashes, operating system reinstall, antiviruses, installing of software, managing your computer's hard disk...

it is actually a pretty simple and cool concept.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

i might actually buy a device similar in nature but powered by a different platform like google android or even ubuntu (if it can be optimized for touchscreen displays)...

android is not perfect. it is not as refined as the iPhone os. but it works for me. it is open source. it is open in nature. suits me more than the iphone os.

Features apart, 30K seems to be on the higher side for the iPad considering you get laptops with more features for that price - of course minus the touch experience.

but people often end up paying much more for something they do not even use properly. my neighbor uncle is one example. he has this pretty decent spec Sony vaio. would have cost around Rs. 50K. he just uses it to freaking access his email. that's what he told me! i came to know about that after his norton 2009 subscription expired and he asked my suggestions on what he should purchase. i installed chrome and microsoft security essentials for him. he is still pretty much scared about the antivirus change. keeps on asking me whenever he meets me whether MSE is a good enough replacement for Norton. if his computer going to remain safe... Apple ipad is a perfect device for him. :)

Your Sony VAIO narration reminds me of one of my colleagues who bought a VAIO for 55K because it looked good. Didn't matter that it didn't have any freaking useful feature or specs. A similar spec on a Compaq or Acer would have cost around 35 K and on a Pavilion around 41 K. The laptop has also been acting up big time and the damn thing doesn't even have a standard keyboard.

righto. the thing is. i used to suggest people to run ubuntu on their machines if all they do with it is to check emails, chat or surf the web. i would now suggest the iPad :icry:

No Flash . No Multitasking , ill pass. Even for people who use it just for email and stuff , this is necessary .

flash and multi tasking are required for email and stuff? please explain. multi tasking is required to get updates in the background. users do not care about flash and stuff. they just need websites to work. and pretty much all the websites work well without flash. flash is either used for ads or games. not for proper functioning of most websites. as for multi-tasking... you switch from one application to another on a mobile device not like desktops. you have to get out of one app to go to the other app. it is not like you would like to have multiple applications running side by side for a device like this one. you lose some form of functionality but that kind of functionality is not required by everyone. so it would work for a lot of people who are looking for a simple computer that does not require tons of experience to keep it working right.

Back