TATA Broadband (FIBER OPTICS) --- ADSL or DSL.....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

alive hunter

ISP
TTML
hi...A week ago I have applied for a new conection of TATA BroadBAnd, 256kbps UL. for Rs. 1000 Per month in pune. They have installed a new server in my society. They will be providing the connection via FIBER OPTICS CALBLE. Wht does this mean...is it ADSL or DSL.....???plz can somebody tell me???? And wht will be its performance??? Regards,Alive Hunter.Pune

its ADSL only.and the performance will be what you paid for (256kbps) or less :)

In my case, its fiber cable upto the building.And they give you LAN based connection to individual PCs. P2P etc should work fine. That is if connection itself works. And that is a BIG if.

AFAIK tataBB doesnt give public IP for LAN based connection (unless paid extra). so P2P wont work. torrents wud work but again it wud show NAT status as firewalled.btw funny id.. alive_hunter.. dead 1 wud be THE_HUNTED!

Maybe it depends on the guy who configures local subnet. In my case, they have assinged a public IP to LAN interface.However that (public / private IP) does not matter. Since you get a public IP anyways once you dial in through PPPOE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back