TATA Docomo GSM Commercial network Launch sequence

• Thread starter Thread starter karthik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 12,361
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Hardly 5mins

It is good to know that many operators are starting their mobile services...Now it is tough time for leading GSM providers like Airtel, Aircel and Vodafone etc.. But i wonder how come IDEA and other few came to TN so immediately...So we can expect still more price slash in the tariffs what we have... But It is good beginning.. Operators should give preference to the data services and make it cheper with higher download limits and good bandwidth on mobile technology that is where we can see the real growth telecom technology in india..Hope we will get this soon...with the increase number of operators.

Loop Mobile has started their trials in Kerala and Tamilnadu...May be they start by next month.:urock:

i just activated my number on tata docomo....its unbeleivabel. great signal strength, and their new offer is amazing. just 1paisa per second!!! i give them two thumbs up

I heard that as per the Tariff of 1p/sec for STD is a promotional offer...after that it will be 2p/sec...As I'm following TATA DOCOMO in twitter...I made a comment on this..What they told its just rumours only and the 1p/sec will continue..:DI'm using this SIM only for making STD calls as I'm out of state...For local calls i'm using BSNL:p

it's a fact that no company continue with their initial offerings. once they gain enough customers... it would be usual.

i just activated my number on tata docomo....its unbeleivabel. great signal strength, and their new offer is amazing. just 1paisa per second!!! i give them two thumbs up

Signal Strength is very good only in town areas as of now..If u leave a particular town say 10-15 kms outskirts u wont be getting the signal at all.

When enquired they told it will take 3-4 months to get the godd signal everywhere..:huh:

----------

it's a fact that no company continue with their initial offerings.

once they gain enough customers... it would be usual.

Let's See...:whistle:

guys the new offer is for the first 27,000 secs...thats a lot!!...and as for network strength, i had a fairly good experience....went to my village which is 2 hrs from baglore....the signal there was as strong as ever!...i'm very happy with the service :D

guys the new offer is for the first 27,000 secs...thats a lot!!...and as for network strength, i had a fairly good experience....went to my village which is 2 hrs from baglore....the signal there was as strong as ever!...i'm very happy with the service :D

27,000 secs only??:o that means 450min=7.5hrs...:notallowed:

No way.In that case I've crossed that period..:happy:
I'm using the SIM since last month immediately after launch(not the same day ..lol)

----------

Finally TATA GSM Network went commercially live last week starting TN (including chennai) & orissa circles. Next they are going live with the following circles Andhra Pradesh, Kerala & karnataka to complete the south launch.

In the two launched circles only prepaid seems to be currently launched, their website says they will launch post paid on 1st July 2009.

With this TN / Chennai has the highest numbers of telecom operators in india in both GSM & CDMA categories whose network is commercially live:

1. Aircel GSM
2. Airtel GSM
3. Vodafone GSM
4. BSNL GSM
5. Reliance CDMA
6.Reliance GSM
7. TATA CDMA
8. TATA GSM
9. Idea GSM
10. Shyam Sistema CDMA
11. Loop Telecom GSM (Limited Launch in TN on May11, 2009, not commercially active)

In this list I have excluded BSNL CDMA being CDMA in FWT/FWP or simply WLL mobile.

Other Operators due to launch in Chennai / TN circles are:

1. Videocon Datacom GSM
2. Etisalat (previously SWAN) GSM
3. Telenor (previously Unitech Wireless) GSM

Phew!!! thats a quite a number of operators... :O:S;)

In Kerala as of now these are the operators :happy:

1. Idea GSM
2. Vodafone GSM
3. BSNL GSM
4. Airtel GSM
5. Reliance GSM
6. TATA DOCOMO GSM
7. Aircel GSM
8. Virgin GSM
9. Loop Mobile GSM
10. Reliance CDMA
11. TATA Indicom CDMA