• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,738
Status
Not open for further replies.

swaps22

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
New Delhi: SatNav Technologies, a major GPS navigation services and products provider, has forged a partnership with new GSM telecom service provider Tata DoCoMo to offer round-the-clock tracking service through the mobile phone. It will be one of its kinds to be offered over the mobile phone, Amit Prasad, managing director and CEO of SatNav Technologies told FE, adding that the company will set up a call centre where subscribers of the service can call up to track the whereabouts of the device and the person.

Tata DoCoMo, SatNav tie up for tracking services

heh. this is nice i guess.

i have a bad feeling. navigation by phone is not really going to work out.

i am lost. how would i tell the person on the phone where i am? so they can track my position using my mobile phone. good. but how can they tell me the directions to the right place? i am not sure what this service is planning to do. i think they are just going to track where your phone is... or where a person carrying that phone is... i thought they were going to provide navigation services through phones. i was probably mistaken.

Yeah that is what I thought as well. Navigation services through the phone. What exactly are they providing then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back