Tata Indicom Broadband connection over cable ?

• Thread starter Thread starter pranKster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,784
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically I think I will climb up to the roof and fixit myself.... !!!:ashamed:

Cool if the problem is at your building.

See All of us are fed up with these guys.... now since its my money thats stuck up there .. then why not do something that will atleast give me some peace ?? Also .. If I know whats the problem then I can take them to task ... going to Switch that we assume is faulty is one thing and looking at a switch thats faulty in front of you is another. I can then make other user's life complicated.. by changing the ports and then more customers will complain about the problem .. that will bring these guys to either repair it or replace it with a new one.... :) Though I dont want to make other customers feel the same pain .. but sometimes its necessary to pinch to get things working. he he he ...I know I am thinking along very negative lines.... but thats now my mental state...CC sucks.. but if we look otherwise... CC guys are like one of us. they are as incompetent as we are or as good as we are. Infact we indians are not really ment to conduct business like Customer Care as we dont know how to treat person on the other end. Or we just get fed up after too many calls.Example:Just look at any Western movie where they have reference of any customer Care... the Hollywood makes CC from INDIA a but of Joke. Check out TRANSFORMERS movie.... there in one scene where they are fighting robotic terror in desert and want to place a call to Pentagon the CC guy (from India) provides nuff hilarious moments... with the ascent and then with misdemeanor.We might praise our selves highly but we have major problem .. the people in CC are just like that. but they are part of us .. and it makes me think ... are we all like that .... At least that what is the Image to the world about us (the modern India).any way I dont and cannot change what we are... and how we think .. but atleast I can being in change that will make CLIENTS of CC (TATA's in my case) to get up and do something.(WOW I have typed the stuff and its too long.. )

CC sucks.. mostly because they don't have any real solution for you [other then giving a complaint no].You can raise the complaint yourself and bypass CC. Regarding the Switch...I don't think problem is with switch. Problem is most probably with the connectivity from switch in your building to the building that has fiber connectivity.

I had posted this message under another heading. More relevant for this discussion.Between Jun15 and jul 15 I was facing all these problems - slow download speed, frequent time out, unable to be on line for more than 10 minutes, impossible to download any file - I must have lodged about 10 CC complaints, had 5 visits from a service engineer. Even the dsl cable was changed. No improvement. Then suddenly the problem vanished, the service engineer during his last visit gave a service report "After ping command 1000 packets sent and 6 packet loss. It is zero percent loss." I believe the problem was with the switch or the backend; he said that about 50 reliance customers shifted to Tata Sky in our area. Anyway, from Jul 15 , my connection is good and without problems.I was also getting error numbers 678 and 691, when connection was not possible. I got these errors about once a week almost since installation 18 months ago. Sometimes reconnection was possible after about 15 minutes, sometime after a couple of hours. Fortunately, I am free from this problem now.

You are on DSL... this is different from cable think. With DSL, VSNL itself maintains the line. On cable they don't.

I agree with netfreak .... the cable is maintained by the local cablewalla guy. the DSL is maintained by VSNL .... that why they keep u telling about the feasibility or not. I guess VSNL does not have resources to deal with the demand. Another thing that I realized, the local cablewalla guy if he gets pissed off ... he creates the problem too at times. A gentleman from NY cam to live in the flat above me, got really angry that his connection was too slow at night.. He told me later he called the CC almost 30-40 times in 1 week. that averages to 5-6 calls in a day. he he he .... CC gave him numbers. and when he threatened to contact superiors (escalation for the Complaints) he was given mobile number of the local cablewalla. Cablewalla sent his engineer... as usual they have very less idea.. I guess he tried to install some thing on this guy's MAC book ... but could not. he he he he ..... and left saying that they cannot do any thing as he is using different OS !!! my god !! what a shitty Answer.. at this my neighbour got wild and fired him and his boss .....You know what happened... next.. we all got disconnected for next few days... (retalliation from local cablewalla.....) .... Luckily now we have resolved the problems... it pays to keep cablewalla happy .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back