Tata Indicom Internet Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter jaymadhu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 22,007
Status
Not open for further replies.
But their help desk isnt good enough...Now let me confess this (although i dint want coz it puts a negative effect on people).Since the past 10 days or so i have been experiencing dead slow speeds around 50-60 kbps in the peak hours. When i called up their help desk 8 days back they said they will look into the problem. Then for the next 2 days the BSNL guys called up and said that every thing was fine from their side but then i said to them that the prob. was still not rectified. They said they will still 'check'. After that i gave a call to the help line no. again to re-complain and u know what the CTO says ' Sir, the tech. people called u isnt it' and i replied saying that the prob. wasnt rectified yet and the tech people knew it .And now she says that she will forward the complain once again and assures me that if this time in no action is taken she will give me the tel. no. of THE HIGHER AUTHORITY. And as expected no action was taken so i had to ring up the CTO once again for that number.The number which was given to me was of the Area Manager and when i ring her up she takes my tel. no and forwards it immediately to some tech guy who gives me a call back with in 5 mins. He says he will come and check the connection at my home. With in another 10 mins i reccv another call from my local exchagne asking me the prob. i say that my speeds are getting crapy during peak hours and remains good in offpeak hours. He says it some server prob (server gets busy in peak hrs) and will get rectifed in 1-2 days and asks me NOT TO COMPLAIN again till prob. is sorted out. That day was Friday and today is Tuesday..still no action taken.....Now i have decided to go to my local exchange and find out the status of my prob.I get good speeds from 12am till 9 am but thas too late......So i usually leave the system ON overnight if i have to make downloads but hope the connection improves soon.....Let me be frank....this is the first time i have experienced this kind of prolonged prob. other wise conenction is good. There have no downtimes yet (but connection is too slow right now around 50-60 kbps)

i live in chrompet, chennai. airtel dosent cater to this area. i didnt have a bsnl phone. so i got a tata indicom broadband connection in april. My happiness was shortlived.within a weeks time i found that there was unusually high uploads (180 mb per day). called up customer service, they told thatz a virus. i formatted my computer, ran virus check, did spyware check disconnected modem from computer, reset my password, still there was heavy uploads.customer service call center is in hyderabad and that is pathetic, all they can do is generate a complaint #. called up chennai office, field engineer promises to check the premises, but dosent show up.IMHO, tata indicom is still in business because this is india, if it were us, they would have been sued several thousand times for several million dollars.only way out, just disconnect

Originally posted by samzbuzy@Jun 2 2005, 10:58 AM
within a weeks time i found that there was unusually high uploads (180 mb per day).  called up customer service, they told thatz a virus. i formatted my computer, ran virus check, did spyware check disconnected modem from computer, reset my password, still there was heavy uploads.

[snapback]11142[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that samzbuzy....

i'll have to go along with tata, coz they seem to be the only other option for me...

2 queries:
which plan did you subscribe to?

Since you are in chromepet, i hear there are other providers like iqara and net4india... why didnt you go for them?

well, after about 10 days, and after calling them everyday, they customer care ladies said: that the (bloody) feasability had been done 7 DAYS AGO!!! but due to a technical problem they haven't managed to reach my premises yet!!!!??!!! WHAT??THEY CANT WALK OVER TO MY HOME?? AM I LIVING IN THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE OR SOMEWHERE?????They're supposed to come 2mrw , but thats what they've been tellin me for ONE week!!!!Hell, i'm pissed off, if they dont come 2mrw......

I too have applied on 26th may and till now no word from them :( Will wait for 2-3 more days before making a call to them.

Mr. Agent 047, i suggest you keep calling them every other day... yesterday, that lady told me since i wanted BB connection urgently, she would forward it to her supervisor (i dont think she will..)and call back within 24 hours...So today at 4 o'clock sharp i'm gonna call back and tell them that i've applied for BSNL, and that if they can't come tomorrow, i'll have to cancel their order...Hope that puts them in order.... :X :X :X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back