Tata Indicom Internet Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter jaymadhu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 22,007
Status
Not open for further replies.
U know what they told me when i called them 2-3 days back ??? Tht they haven't recieved my application as yet. Asked me all the details when i ordered etc and told me tht they will call me inside 24 hrs . Still no reply from them. The person who booked my order is keeping is mobile off. This TATA sucks. Don't ever go for it.

damn, now even tata sucks.... X(

lol...and they've not even started properly yet...just image for the times to come when they actually have a good (frustrated) customer base ;)

I too think VSNL service SUCKS BIG TIME.First my account expires without any email notification from them. Could they not have told me one week ago that my account will expire on 16 June?Then their call centre to find out more about broadband and they tell me I HAVE to buy their modem since their technology is not compatible with any modems others than theirs.I try to find out more info about their tariifs - its like a treasure hunt - you keep clicking page after apage without getting any real info. I still dont know what the Rs 325 offer is all about.Especially after coming to this forum, I think I will go to BSNL.Actually VSNL service has deteriorated after TATAs' took it over.Their customer service was NEVER good.

Roundpeg do check out www.tataindicombroadband.com for the prices in your area....
and i dont think you have to BUY their modem... it can only be rented, and the charges of their BB are inclusive of this rent...
Oh, and if you need any details of their plans and such, dont bother calling them, visit the website itself... thall be enough... they'll repeat the same stuff....

Well, their guy came over and i filled in the forms and paid the dough... but bloody he says it'll take 3 weeks for the installation(modem and stuff)!!

You are not the only one taken for a ride

Check This

This is regarding the rank bad experience with "Tata Indicom Broadband"
I Applied for Tata Broadband Internet Connection for our office at Karol Bagh on 13th May 2005, and paid the amount required by them towards booking on 13-5-2005 vide application form No 1413651 dt 13-5-2005

The Marketing men from TATA Indicom broadband promised to give connection in 12 days maximum. Subsequently the connection was not given even after 12 days.

After several calls from 25-5-2005 to 2-6-2005 with Tata indicom DSA-Spin Telecom who booked the connection, there was no satisfactory reply and on 2-6-05 we were advised to call and register a complaint at 55500121. The complaints were lodged with them on Telephone on 2-6-2005, 3-6-2005, 6-6-2005, 7-6-2005, 9-6-2005 and 11-6-2005 and 13-6-2005 & 15-6-2005 and lastly on 17-6-2005 but no satisfactory reply was given by them as to the status of the complaint. No complaint Number was issued by them on complaints. Each time a new person attended the Call and reply were sterotype that i will get a reply in 24 hours but nothing moved on complaints.

We also emailed to them complaints at [email protected], [email protected] on 6-6-2005, [email protected] on 11-6-2005, 13-6-2005 & lastly on 17-6-2005 but none gave any reply forget a assurance about the status of connection

after much persuance and fallowup on 19-5-2005 Now after 5 weeks of application, they have replied that

"In reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that as the Broadband Service is not available in your area as your area is not feasible, we will definitely inform you as soon as the service becomes available in your area. "

But here again they have not mentioned when they are going to refund the booking amount."

The Big Question is Why did they accept the booking in the first place if their home work for the area was not complete.

Any Answers from any one in Tata Broadband???.

Perheps after siphoning the VSNL and its surplus the tata group has adopted the ways of a fraudster to defraud the unsuspecting customers and ruin the VSNL as well as the good reputation earned by the Tata group.

I hope that Tata indicom will in future first conduct a proper survey and only after that will start taking booking amounts.

Tata broadband should not have taken the booking in the first place if the connection was not possible in the area.

This delay to give connection as well to reply has caused great inconvience as well as loss of precious time in fallow up and mental agony.

This was not expected from a company havng the back up of Tata Brand. The Overall experience with the Company Tata indicom has really been pathetic.

Suggestions for Tata group.

First conduct a proper survey and only after that start taking booking amounts.

Start giving Order No as was required by your staff on the 55500121 to the customer on booking

Issue a acknowledgement of complaint by giving a complaint No of the complaint.

Send acknowledgements by emails.

Give Email ID of your top Boss like MD to enable customers to lodge complaints with seniors if they are not getting any reponse from your existing mechasnism.

Put in place a proper complaint and grievence redressal system.

Take good care of your customers because they keep you in business.

Promote your people to say no if you are unable to render services this will help the customers to make quick decisions.

Put in place some policy or norms for customers service which i think are missing

Deepak Jain

Partner

Ahmad Shukla Jain & Associates

Karol Bagh, New Delhi

[email protected]

I have posted this comment on www.delhiscoop.com, www.noidascoop.com

Originally posted by jaymadhu@May 27 2005, 08:07 PM
Worst Service

I have booked new connection on 28th April.. But still now i did not even get single response about my application status..  I am Keep on calling Customer care (Executives!!!???) .. But no one knows my application status.. not only me in my office some of others also booked(some are living center of the city).. no one get a connection and response..

One of the Worst service I have ever even in my life..

I think Connection coming by ship from singapore..not in the cable....
[snapback]10348[/snapback]
[/quote]

[well, there is a friend ofmine in my area who already has the connection (but he hardly ever uses it....he aint a net freak...) so i shouldnt have any problem]another advice for all the people applying, get a 100% assuance from the people of the feasability before paying anything..and if you wish..get to know where their server (they will not tell you this, you may have to find it out thro a franchisee of theirs)is located in your area and visit it....I'm sorry you had to go thro such hardship from those guys Mr.Deepak Jain...their customer care has to be reviewed.....

See their reply below to my email . Why the hell than did they send the sales represntative to my home !!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With reference to the application for a Broadband connection at your location, we would like to inform you that as your location is presently not feasible for the Broadband connection, we are unable to provide you with the same.

However, in the future, when the location becomes feasible for the connection, we will surely consider your application.In the meanwhile, we would like to recommend our Tata Indicom Total Internet dial-up service for your Internet needs. Tata Indicom Total Internet comes packed with a host of features - Internet access and Net telephony on a single pack, Enhanced Web Mail, National and International Roaming and much more. http://internet.vsnl.com/internet_dialup/index.html

Thank you for your time and patience.

For any queries, do write to us at [email protected] or call our Customer Service Number in your city at: http://internet.vsnl.com/contact/customercare.htm

Warm Regards,
Customer Service
Tata Indicom Broadband
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I go for MTNL than :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back