• Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 18,444

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Tata Indicom poor service broadcast on CNN IBN We believe that this is the first major coverage by a national news channel of a broadband customer in the Indian market. Ajoy has been suffering from his Tata Indicom broadband connection for more than a year and he has been keeping track of everything. And he decided to [...]

Tata Indicom poor service broadcast on CNN IBN

Hello to the Community at BroadbandForum.in:

Here is the link on YouTube:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dFpWy0ZoC2M
Remember that the story gets better... much perkier next week on Saturday, 13.10.2007 at 18:30 hrs. IST... watch CNN-IBN !! :yahoo:

Now, I sincerely do thank you for your support and still need a lot of it.
Please do us ALL a BIG favour and write to the following people/ organizations:

#1.
Please write your woes to CNN-IBN directly on their website, on:
http://features.ibnlive.com/show/all-about-money.html
It'll go directly to the Senior Editor. They do want to know more about how bad ISP's in India really are.

#2.
Please also write your complaints/ story to "Consumer VOICE"... eMail IDs:
a.) [email protected]
b.) [email protected]
c.) [email protected]

Please "cc" TRAI and me on the above Consumer VOICE eMail:
d.) [email protected] (Mr. Nripendra Misra, TRAI Chairman)
e.) [email protected] (PA to Mr. Nripendra Misra, TRAI Chairman)
f.) [email protected] (Nodal Officer, Mr. Mathew Palamattam)
g.) ajoyericlal AT gmail DOT com (Me!)

Don't forget to mention your ISP, your phone number and your city on that very eMail!

Cheers
Ajoy

P.S.: Now's the time to circulate this all like M A D and get people to stand up. We need more "traffic" and YOU know what I mean, don't you?!

Great stuff, Ajoy.:thumb:Looking forward to watching the next segment. I must say that bad as my experience has been yours seems a lot worse. In fact my connection seems to be behaving the last week or so.

Here are some new details for you all:

TATA-indicom Part II
(The fraud unfolds... behold: Ajoy Eric Lal is not the only one on TV!)
CNN-IBN - Saturday, 13.10.2007 - 18:30 hrs. (All about the money!)

Also, check out the following:
The Hindu, 08.10.2007, Page 3:
“Bye-Bye TATA“
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/t...10/08/&prd=th&

The Times of India, 12.10.2007, Page 26:
“Broadband Loses Speed “
Broadband loses speed-India Business-Business-The Times of India

Neighbourhood FLASH, 11.-17.10.2007, Cover & Page 5:
“Broadband is slow? Fight for your right! “
The story is on the cover of this free, non-political newspaper distributed in all of South Delhi & Gurgaon (NCR)!

More to come. If you know any journalists, send them to me. I'll give them enough to write about for the next one year (by then I would have collected enough for the following two!).

Keep it up... stand up and shout out loud!
For starters, write your stories/ criticism to:
1. [email protected] (Subject Line 'Sick of these ISPs')
2. [email protected] (Subject Line 'Consumer Watch')
... please "cc" me at: ajoyericlal AT gmail DOT com

Cheers
Ajoy :thumbsup:

its going to come today on cnn

Part 1 is here:

- Tata Indicom: featured on CNN-IBN (Part 1)[/URL]

Part 2 is here

- Tata Indicom: featured on CNN-IBN (Part 2)[/URL]

Credits to blr_p for uploading both videos on Youtube.

Discussion on the topic:

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw the 2nd part today....it didnt contain anything special as such.... i mean the people they interviewed didnt really have very serious issues and didnt even mention which places the indivuals were from(this doesnt include Mr AjoyEricLal)....they could have choosen someone with more serious issues.And to highlight the deficient service they could have gone into a few more details about the practices/malpactrices followed by tata indicom but they didnt do that. If you really want to rock a company more effort needs to be put it.... Just noticed a few more things....the connection speed mentioned was 256k and the speedtests which can be seen in part 2 show speeds arnd 200-215k. Also at the end there is a test showin 190k download done with the frankfurt server. We all know how these speedtests can vary between servers.... This gives the company a chance of evading the slow speed issue by using various reasons from it depends on the site , traffic at the server at the moment n all... They shld have shown actual websites being browsed or even downloads from reliable http servers to highlight the poor connection. Tata indicom in their reply mentioned that they have refunded Rs 4500 but this hasnt been verified within the show. Also tata's claim that there were frequent cable cuts isnt verified. There shld have been a more indept analysis of the whole situation....

Back