Tata indicom WiMax port forwarding.. networking gurus plz help!

• Thread starter Thread starter mexican
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 4,495
Status
Not open for further replies.

mexican

ISP
TATA
I am in Bangalore, and got myself a WiMax Tata indicom connection.
In terms of connection and up time, everything is perfect, but I cannot port forward. So I was hoping some networking gurus around here could help me out.

My set up at home is as follows:

1.Netgear wgr614v7 wifi router:
ip: 192.168.1.2

2.PowerDsine.... PoE CPE supplied by tata
ip: 192.168.1.1

3.Laptop
ip: DHCP through Netgear
(Has been set to 192.168.1.3 by reserved DHCP in netgear)

4.Desktop
ip: DHCP through Netgear

Now the problem is I want to share files through p2p(uTorrent) in my laptop, but port forwarding is not working.
I tried port forwarding/trigerring in netgear on a lot of ports, but didnt work
I have UnP on on netgear and laptop windows XP, didnt work.
I disabled all firewalls(norton and windows xp) , didnt work.

When I connect to the net and go to What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Bandwidth Speed Test, IP Info, plus more , it shows that my ip is something like 59.164.......
I set up a webserver(apache) on the laptop, set all port forwarding to port 80 in netgear to the laptop ip, and I tried to access my ip(59.164...) in internet explorer, says page cannot be found.
I view my webserver on the LAN though.(127.0.0.1)

Now I signed up with dynamicDns.org and set it up in my netgear.. and when i enter my "subdomain name given by dynamic dns" in IE, i can acess my web server, but I cannot access it using my global IP address(59.164..)
I cannot ping the global ip address.

Apparently when my netgear connects to the powerdsine PoE, it gets another Ip address, something like (10.176.xxx.xxx), which i believe is a WAN IP. So in total I get 3 ip addresses.
I can ping the 10.176.xxx.xxx ip but cannot ping 59.164.xxx.xxx

So can anyone tell me what is really happening here?
How can i enable port forwarding?
is it that they have disabled portforwarding at the TATA side?
If so, if I contact them, will they enable it?

Someone please help, thank you.

HiFirst thing is make things simple. Remove the router connect the internet directly through your wimax cpe and see if you can ping your computer from internet if yes, then the router you'd installed has spi firewall on which is not allowing incoming connections search it and disable it. If things becomes difficult then do this as per this diagram...pc...............router(wan)put the ip address anything on the wan and ip address of same subnet on the pc then ping the wan. If you can't then find any option like filtering spi firewall. Disable it keep on doing till u get the pings. Then put back to the original scenario. Hope that this shuld help you. Kindly check utorrent is not randomizing the port.regardsnettlynx networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back