• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,583
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgrajan

ISP
Tata Indicom Wimax
I recently bought Tata WiMax 384 kbps dynamic IP plan, VPN not connected since the beginning. After two weeks of trouble shooting they told me to upgrade the plan and buy static IP connection which either costs Rs.200 more per month or Rs.2000 per year. If they would have told this while buying the connection, then i would have gone through some other provider. Please don't go with Tata WiMax if you need VPN. Please find below the mail from the customer care.
-------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Rajan,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

Please refer to the telephonic discussion you had with Mr. Babji on 10-November-2009.

With regards to your mail, we would like to inform you that if you want to avail the VPN connectivity, you need to have the static ip. Hence we request you to kindly purchase a new static ip so that the needful can be done.

We reference to your mail, kindly follow the below mentioned procedure to avail the static IP on your account and need to pay Rs 2000 per annum for the same which will be included in your billing statement.

Logon to site : http://www.tataindicombroadband.com/

Click on My account.

Enter the User name and password with the registered Domain.

Click on Submit.

Click on " My services".

Click on " Modify " against the static IP.

Follow the online steps and avail the services.

Thank you for your time and patience.

In case you are unable to browse, please try the following
 Switch off the router
 Unplug the router connection
 Check for physical connectivity (i.e. Loose connection in cables/cable cut)
 Replug the router connection.
 Put the router in line mode
 Check if all the Lights are stable.
 Try connecting it.

For any further assistance, please feel free to contact our Customer Service in your city or mail us on [email protected]. .

Warm Regards,

Vahab,
Customer Service,
Tata Indicom Broadband

What sort of VPN is this? Home to office? I can't see a reason why this will not work without a static IP.

well i believe now they suggest the option of giving static ip before dynamic ip's and i think that is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back