Tata Photon Plus Dislikes (Bad Experiences)

• Thread starter Thread starter chinna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 68,982
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i too live in Electronics City area. You absolutely right. This is such a worst device that I've ever seen. I've sent those people to take back my device. However I'm very happy with my TATA DOCOMO 3G.

I was the recent unlucky one to get a tata photon+, as i was desperate to get a connection in this area where feasibility of others like Airtel, bsnl are not available.. first of all, upto 3.1 mbps is a joke.. you might get that, if no other users are accessing the total bandwidth at one point of time.. thats why the speed varies at different points of the day..anyways, in my experience the max speed i got was 1.3 mbps, which is a rare phenomenon.. at the time of writing, im getting a 200-300 kbps a day and downloading a song at 11KB/s, just like the good old dial-up days..i dont mind chucking this connection now and switching to some other and dont mind losing the 2000 paid for the piece of shit (usb modem). customer service is awful..all they do is give you tickets with resolution time of 3 days in average..this is a big scam..PPL DONT BUY TATA PHOTON...

hey photonfan,nice comment..dont worry, you have plenty of company..i bought this piece of shit last week.. i was "guaranteed" 3.1 mbps in my area, as there are less users..i end up getting 200-300 kbps average..when i call cust service, they told me that im lucky, coz others are getting 150 kbps it seems..wat a joke!!!

Hi..If you have bought this as post paid plan, i ask you not to pay the bill.. So that you no more waste the money..

Hi all,

So many have purchased this Tata SHIT.. and have lost Money...

I request people not to pay rental there after.. use it till it works..

And i have a question.. Since so many are complaining that this shit is not working and Tata says up to..3.1 MBPS.. which is shared based on the amount of users at that time..

But this never ever crossed KBPS limits...

Why cant we claim a Cheating case on the Tata.. Just shouting in the forum will be of No help..

This TATA is cheating the whole nation... Population of India as of 2009 is 1,155,347,700.

Consider as the least possible option like, 1% of the population opted for this would count 1,15,53,477 many people.

So the initial investment done by these people will end up in

11553477 x 1800 = 2079,62,58, 600

TWO THOUSAND SEVENTY NINE CRORE, SIXTY TWO LAKH, FIFTY EIGHT THOUSAND RUPEES CHEATING...

why the shit we give 2000 crore to them...

CUSTOMER SERVICE - NO REFUND POLICY

What do you say guys..

Be Loyal.. and please suggest...

USE BSNL 3G...AS IT IS BEST....EVEN IF YOU RECHARGE 2G GPRS VOUCHER TO IT ,YOU WILL GET A REASONABLE SPEED...I AM GETTING 467 KBPS SPEED WITH 2G SIM...EVEN TARIFF IS ATTRACTIVE RS 98 FOR 2GB...175 FOR 3GB....AND DID YOU KNOW...3G OF BSNL IS PRESENT EVERY WHERE IN 22 CIRCLE...WHERE AS PVT PLAYER GOT MAX 13 CIRCLE PRESENCE..CHECK LINK..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G_Spectrum_auction_India

I completely agree with you...the connection is just shitty!! I don't understand what kind of business tata photon is running. I am literally FRUSTRATED with the service in my first month of usage. I used Airtel for 3 years prior to this (while in Delhi) and I hardly had any problem. Only because they dont have ports available in my area (Bangalore), I took this photon connection. I think they should learn something from Airtel's service.

In the first month, my connection was blocked twice: 1) because of address verification failure, the address verification was done but was not updated at their end and I had to miss an imp client call because of that 2) because of some welcome call that I have not received, however, I have received 'n' number of welcome calls wherein I was explained my plan, etc. This is so horrible.

Further, since the last one week I have been raising request after requests regarding my internet speed. I was promised minimum 155 kbps after 5 GB gets exhausted, but I get a speed of 20-30 kbps after 5 GB of usage. This problem is not yet resolved, though my complaints have being closed. The worst part is: they sent a guy to my residence to check the speed and then they say that you will get a speed of max 50kbps after the first 5 GB is exhausted. They promised something and now they are literally of the attitude that: "Boss!! this is what it is...if u want..u continue with it or forget it"...Utterly disgusting!!

What kind of business are they running. Of fooling customers??

I regret my decision of opting for photon. But I didnt have a choice as in my area there is some prob and the ISPs are not able to provide me with a connection (wired/wi fi). I tried getting it from Airtel and MTS. Tata Photon is the worst service provider I have ever come across. Strong recommendation: NEVER go for Tata Photon Data Card...It just sucks with a horrible network, speed and terrible service.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Hey..have you tried not paying the bill?? If yes, then what did they do/what actions did they take? I have no intention to pay the bill...at least till my speed is restored...I hate it...I end up spending 30-45 mins everyday in talking to the CC...n all they do is - they give me complaint numbers with a 3 day resolution period and after 3 days they close the request without resolving it. I wrote to the nodal officer of Karnataka (Ms. Mythri Rao) and the appellate authority (Sanjeev), but to no good use....they are a bunch of idiots!!

Ages ago, I got the TATA Indicom walky shit and activated internet on it, I opted for night based plan and used it in the night hours, they charged me Rs. 3000 for that. I didn't pay the bill, and again a weirdo bill came to my door. I never payed the bill and lodged a complaint against their sales executive. They sent a guy who took back the shit crappy phone. Nothing happened after that.Welcome to the forums by the way.

the only good experiences i have seen is with people who were using a corporate plan where the company pays the bills. :) my friend is using reliance. he is fairly happy but his usage is pretty low. i suggested him to get airtel 3g instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back