• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 8,822

arian_walls

ISP
intech
Hi guys,

Check out this link :: DTH India - Tata Sky DTH Channel Packages

The mega pack which offers all channels has also added national geography hd and discovery hd in its list through gold hd pack.

though the price still remains the same,but normal Tata Sky subsribers(using mpeg4 boxes) and tata sky plus subscribers cant view those hd channels.

This is a cheating as normal subscribers pay for mega pack,but cannot enjoy hd channels.

also incase if u wanna enjoy hd,then u have to take their hd stb,which doesnt have pvr.in this case tata sky should not force mega pack subscribers to take gold hd pack and hence should reduce the price of the pack for customers not willing to pay for hd.

Hmm, I hope they dont actually raise Mega pack price with HD channels, if they realise this :D

Hi guys,

The mega pack which offers all channels has also added national geography hd and discovery hd in its list through gold hd pack.

though the price still remains the same,but normal Tata Sky subsribers(using mpeg4 boxes) and tata sky plus subscribers cant view those hd channels.

This is a cheating as normal subscribers pay for mega pack,but cannot enjoy hd channels.

Good Morning !! Wake up buddy!! Mega Pack subscribers get to pay 2599 before they can watch Gold HD pack. Remember the Mega Pack is an annual pack where it is promised that all the new channels will be added when they are launched. You pay an advance of 6 months or 1 yr before you get it and then you are stuck with TS for that period.

Now lets take you on your cheating statement....Well a mega pack customer takes an HD box for 2600 and he gets the HD Pack for only the remaining part of his Mega pack period, which can be as less as a month, and he might have to pay 6000 for the renewal only after a month (As there might be a price increase), While a new subscriber gets ESPNpack + Value pack+ 2 Month HD for Rs 2599....and now come to people like you who are not on Mega Pack but already with a TS Box....You get to pay the same Rs 2599 but you definitely get the Gold HD pack for free for a year...more than the Mega Pack guy......So who's getting cheated...

So stop cribbing/jumping the gun and start using the brains

Agreed with KumararvindIntelligent ppl are here just to bash TS :DTo watch HD channels, u need a HD Capable STB that is a common sense and the Threadstarter says those having normal STB's are not able to watch HD channels :D :D

Good Morning !! Wake up buddy!! Mega Pack subscribers get to pay 2599 before they can watch Gold HD pack. Remember the Mega Pack is an annual pack where it is promised that all the new channels will be added when they are launched. You pay an advance of 6 months or 1 yr before you get it and then you are stuck with TS for that period.

Now lets take you on your cheating statement....Well a mega pack customer takes an HD box for 2600 and he gets the HD Pack for only the remaining part of his Mega pack period, which can be as less as a month, and he might have to pay 6000 for the renewal only after a month (As there might be a price increase), While a new subscriber gets ESPNpack + Value pack+ 2 Month HD for Rs 2599....and now come to people like you who are not on Mega Pack but already with a TS Box....You get to pay the same Rs 2599 but you definitely get the Gold HD pack for free for a year...more than the Mega Pack guy......So who's getting cheated...

So stop cribbing/jumping the gun and start using the brains

Dude,thats not my point
Suppose if u r a normal Tata Sky subscriber and u are not planning to take tata sky HD..may be bcos u do not have a hd tv or it may be some other reason and lets assume that tata sky increases the mega pack cost to rs 6000 as u said(which is bound to happen as they will add star plus hd and star movies hd and many more and will charge more)...then wont u feel cheated as u being a normal customer who cannot watch hd channels but is still paying for those channels which cannot be viewed?
now coming to your mega pack think,even i m a mega pack customer and even i know that all new channels will get added,but now as tata sky hd is launched,they should provide a different pack only for people willing to take hd,which they have done but should not be merged with mega pack

Instead what they can do is,for those who are willing to keep only normal Sd stb,there should make a pack called mega pack(without HD channels) for lets says 5500 per annum

and to those who are willing to take Hd,they can create a pack called Mega pack with Hd(which will provide all HD channels)for lets say 6000 per annum

now for all those who are already in mega pack and are willing to exchange their stb with HD STB,for the remaing days or month of the mega pack period,they could subscribe to hd gold pack on a montly basis(which is deducted on a daily basis),then once they complete their mega pack subscribtion,they could renew for the next year with mega pack with Hd.(incase if such a pack is made).

Dude,thats not my point
Suppose if u r a normal Tata Sky subscriber and u are not planning to take tata sky HD..may be bcos u do not have a hd tv or it may be some other reason and lets assume that tata sky increases the mega pack cost to rs 6000 as u said(which is bound to happen as they will add star plus hd and star movies hd and many more and will charge more)...then wont u feel cheated as u being a normal customer who cannot watch hd channels but is still paying for those channels which cannot be viewed?
now coming to your mega pack think,even i m a mega pack customer and even i know that all new channels will get added,but now as tata sky hd is launched,they should provide a different pack only for people willing to take hd,which they have done but should not be merged with mega pack

Instead what they can do is,for those who are willing to keep only normal Sd stb,there should make a pack called mega pack(without HD channels) for lets says 5500 per annum

and to those who are willing to take Hd,they can create a pack called Mega pack with Hd(which will provide all HD channels)for lets say 6000 per annum

now for all those who are already in mega pack and are willing to exchange their stb with HD STB,for the remaing days or month of the mega pack period,they could subscribe to hd gold pack on a montly basis(which is deducted on a daily basis),then once they complete their mega pack subscribtion,they could renew for the next year with mega pack with Hd.(incase if such a pack is made).

i actually agreed with @Kumararvind earlier,but i think even u have a point.it is unfair to pay for Hd channels in mega pack if we are normal SD customers.though it doesnt matter much now as the cost is the same which is 5500,but if increased it cud be a issue.

But why???? I have paid 5500 and there is a New HD Pack being offered....should I not get it free......why should I pay extra for HD Pack when I have already paid for it.....I know you will feel cheated because the other guy next door shelled out another 2600 Rs for the HD STB and also 50000 for His HD TV and gets to watch the HD channels but you who won't be buying the HD STB will be cheated if your neighbour is getting an assumed 30 bucks dicount on his HD Pack......Not your fault buddy...Its the Indian Mindset....Don't get bothered if you are harmed but definitely throw tantrums if your neighbour gets happy

For annual mega pack u will get all the new channels which r added .. without any extra cost ..Having HD stb to view those channels is a different issue :D

Ok, if in future after inclusion of HD channels price of Mega pack is raised, then its bad for non-HD customer to continue paying for channels which they would never able to receive due to lack proper HD receiving equipments. Ideal solution is to have 2 Mega packs with & without HD channels.But as currently HD channels are directly added to existing Mega pack without any price rise, let chill and not worry about it :D

Back