Tata Sky DTH: For All Football Lovers!

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman050
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 29,539
Can this be easily done as you say?

Yes, it can be. It's the same as multiple camera angles for cricket matches. Each camera has a separate feed and that's how you get to see it on Active Sports. Ten Sports will receive all the match feeds simultaneously, its upto them to show the match they want. In Active sports, they can provide all the feeds they receive and the user chooses what he/ she wants to see.

Yes. They should do it for football too.

I think ten gets it CL feed from setanta unlike ESS who get get it from sky.So commentry could be a problem.On ten the delayed games too have the same commentators.Th best thing to happen would be an interactive option to view the game with stadium settings-thats no commentry.

if you're expecting that type of innovative thinking from Tata Sky you're living on cloud number nine! but yea, it can certainly be done - because setanta does telecast all games simultaneously, as is done on the UEFA website now.

if you're expecting that type of innovative thinking from Tata Sky you're living on cloud number nine! but yea, it can certainly be done - because setanta does telecast all games simultaneously, as is done on the UEFA website now.

I use Dish and I wrote to them suggesting this. They responded "positively" saying it was passed to their tech team. Quite recently, we have also see in the dish info section " Coming soon - Football Active"

So fingers crossed.

Exclusive sports channels (actually any channel for that matter) require a critical mass as far as paying fans are concerned. It has taken 15 years for two exclusive cricket channels to come up. Maybe football and golf will have their own channels (or two) within the next couple of years. In India, other than Bengal, Kerala and Goa, I don't think people follow football all that much (Indian football I mean).The Active Sports on TS is rubbish. It takes for ever for the contents to come up and the camera angles are not all that inspiring. Further, you can't see them in full screen.HD transmission is THE way to enjoy sports and nature programs. Will Reliance make it possible? Going by Anil Ambani's track record, I have my doubts.

Yes. Hopefully. They should atleast launch Active Sports for Football?

Exclusive sports channels (actually any channel for that matter) require a critical mass as far as paying fans are concerned. It has taken 15 years for two exclusive cricket channels to come up. Maybe football and golf will have their own channels (or two) within the next couple of years. In India, other than Bengal, Kerala and Goa, I don't think people follow football all that much (Indian football I mean).

Largely true, other than the fact that increasingly broadcasters are finding consolidation beneficial, particularly in terms of sport - where it is possible to buy rights for the entire Asia region. So, yes TV for example, has Asia-wide rights for all its content, and also recently purchased the NHL with Asia wide rights. It would seem natural that they will now look to maximize revenue by beaming their channels into India once they do get delinking permission or once the Taj Network starts to expand the number of channels it beams. That'll still leave a lot to be desired in terms of quality, but I do think it's a matter of months rather than years before we do get 24 hour football channels. There isn't another sport which offers as much quality content as football, after all.

Back