• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,390

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
CHENNAI: Following price cuts by Maran brothers' Sun Network, Tata Sky went into publicity overdrive and hinted it might consider reducing its basic rate.

Speaking to reporters on Monday, Vikram Kaushik, CEO and managing director, Tata Sky, said, "Ours is the best service at the price we are quoting but we cannot rule out anything. Globally, whenever set-top-box services were offered at a throwaway price or free, consumers took them but later opted out, like for instance in Brazil."

In Britain, Europe, the US and Australia, boxes are given free but subscription rates are as high as the equivalent of $40 per month, which cover much more than the cost."

Painting a rosy picture for the DTH industry, Kaushik said its growth rate would be as high as 700 per cent in the near future.

"By 2015, as high as 90 per cent of India will be covered by DTH services. We are confident of capturing bulk of the market share," said Kaushik.

Implying that Sun Network's price of Rs 1,000 as installation fee and Rs 75 monthly subscription may have hidden costs and in the end may prove counterproductive, Kaushik opined, "We are not really concerned about our competitors' offers because our interactive services are unmatched."

"Independent research undertaken by global leaders AC Nielsen has shown that our buyers are loyal to us because our vulnerability share is as low as 3 percent, which means that we have virtually no danger of being upstaged by technological advances and resultant obsoleteness," Kaushik averred.

Striking a combative note, Kaushik added, "South India is an extremely important market for us. We have made every effort to provide our customers from this region with entertainment that suits their needs. The introduction of 15 Sun Channels along with content from other leading broadcasters from the south is only the beginning."

"We have lots more lined up for them in the future. Providing instant cooking recipes and personal video recorders that will enable viewers to recall telecasts and view them at the time of their choice are our forte - something that none of our competitors have no way of matching," he said.

Tata Sky's subscriber base has crossed the million mark within a year of operation. Although there are no independent estimates of exact figures of coverage, the company states that its innovative schemes like "user-gets-user", which promises that every new user and their introducers will get a month's subscription free is bound to widen its base

Tata Sky hints at joining DTH price war - Media - Media / Entertainment - News By Industry - News - The Economic Times

People will be ready to take Tata Sky once they reduce their price of their South Jumbo pack to Rs.300/- (in Major cities only).

just few months back, someone posted link where some1 from Tata Sky mentioned that price wont be reduced no matter what competitor does. wonder how statements change

just few months back, someone posted link where some1 from Tata Sky mentioned that price wont be reduced no matter what competitor does. wonder how statements change
Its all about capturing market. I feel that tatasky will come out with better package soon:thumbsup:

I agree.
By going through this article i feel they will have a different package for regional wise similar to Sun DTH:thumbsup:. They will definetly target the south market by adopting the same strategy of sun DTH. I believe the basic package with regional & couple of couple channels would be given to regaional basic boquet.
For eg.,
Tamil Package:
Tamil Channels + Some FTA Channels + ESS (Rs. 150)
and similar package to other regional channels.

If this comes it will be a huge hit for Tata Sky too.

I think slowly tatasky is picking up in the market especially in southern states. :thumbsup:

By going through this article i feel they will have a different package for regional wise similar to Sun DTH:thumbsup:. They will definetly target the south market by adopting the same strategy of sun DTH. I believe the basic package with regional & couple of couple channels would be given to regaional basic boquet.
For eg.,
Tamil Package:
Tamil Channels + Some FTA Channels + ESS (Rs. 150)
and similar package to other regional channels.

If this comes it will be a huge hit for Tata Sky too.

I think slowly tatasky is picking up in the market especially in southern states. :thumbsup:

Yes. i said it few days ago only that they are comign with shocker of offers.. so get ready to pay less now.

:yahoo::thumbsup::hysterical:
Hurray for price wars................DTH will finally be reined in !!
Also My Local cable wala cant say
"Dear member:Attention as per declaration of Tata Sky (TOI,Dated:-12-01-17),Tata Sky will increase monthly subscription rates to Rs550,so please dont be in hurry.CAS willl be implemented shortly in our area and you will get to choice channels for Rs5"
I think he got his school going kid to draft this scrolling banner :P
Anyway Now I can pressurize him more for better services and more of the channels I require.
In the beginning he was rude,then tatasky launched and he was quiet,now rude again
Hopefully will be better now that the war has begun ;)

Back