Tata Sky DTH: Its time to move on

• Thread starter Thread starter vsfree2003
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 13,034
Hi,I have shifted from Big TV to Videocon dth and have been using over 4 months.No problem at all.:inodding::inodding:. I donot know there gona increase their package price or not in near future...until then you can take the price advantage (atleast for one year).As of now,I am very satisfied with their picture and sound quality. No issue with their customer care service quality.It is great. And I think they are not new to the market ( it is already 9 months that they launched).:p:p.@vsfree2003 , let us know what you decide?

Now I am with Tata Sky & planning to move. I am looking for all sports channels with south regional channels at a reasonable subscription. I think DishTv is cheapest on this regard. Can anyone help me on this?:pleasehelp:

@praveen7344You can check also with Videocon D2h.They have 4 different Diamond pack for South :- AP Diamond pack, Tamilnadu Diamond pack,Karnataka Diamond pack and Kerala Diamond pack with all sports channels in it.

I have taken d2h and for my second tv same tata-sky will go on with basic pack.after some many year's of service i cannot cut my tata-sky.

Now I am with Tata Sky & planning to move. I am looking for all sports channels with south regional channels at a reasonable subscription. I think DishTv is cheapest on this regard. Can anyone help me on this?:pleasehelp:

As of sports channel Tata Sky is beneficial as it covers Neo sports and Dishtv does not. In South channels too majority which are popular are likely covered.

@ Praveen, Yes I think Dishtv is good chice for you as it has 5 sports channels in their base pack along with almost all the regional channels which you wants in South Silver Pack @ Rs.125 (Incl. Tax).

Thanks a lot folks for helping me out. Special thanks to saurabh_g, because I already have Dish Tv with me (Moved to Tata Sky only for Neo Cricket). Hope Dish Tv would be okay and can switch to Tatasky only for test matches. Neo Cricket the worst guy with full of advertisements.

On cost front, there is no doubt that Tata Sky is expensive. New entrants can pick and choose from several available in the market.

But, there is no equivalent or substitute for TS +. Those who want a different viewing experience have no other choice than TS+. They can
1. Record (even programmes that clash) and watch later, in free time.
2. Record popular serials and movies and watch them later in 60% of the time skipping the long, boring and repetitive ads. Saving in viewing time without loss of viewing quality is to be experienced to be believed.
3. One can go to sleep and wake up at normal times and miss none of the goodies.

One must put down his priorities before jumping in.

Rightly Stated about Tata Sky+ having all the PVR fuctions in the dth.

If you want to switch only for neo cricket then opt airtel,big tv or videocon as neo is part of their highest base package.Tata Sky doesnt have even one premium sports channel in their highest base package.You will have to take annual mega pack which is costly.

If you want to switch only for neo cricket then opt airtel,big tv or videocon as neo is part of their highest base package.
Tata Sky doesnt have even one premium sports channel in their highest base package.
You will have to take annual mega pack which is costly.

The reason is they have placed all premium sports channel in the add-on pack so it will not make customers buy the highest base pack or make a choice which will not favour them.

Back