Tata Sky DTH: Recharge Voucher Availability???

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 18,714
yes wat asdfgf says is right ..in chennai u can get these vouchers in places where u recharge ur mobiles also

@kedarisv.,

yup. May be in Pune.

In chennai wherever i go, take big shops, textile shops, I see TS recharge vouchers in large number. especially rs.300 ones... :)

Even 3 days back in chennai i wanted to recharge for my TS with 1000 rupees card but the vendor did not had 1000 ruppees voucher rather she gave two 500 ruppess voucher and i recharged it:thumbsup:. I dont find any shortage of vouchers in chennai as even in very small shops they have got recharge vouchers in chennai.

@kedarisv:

Even i had the same problem that i did not recieve and alert for nearly 30 hours even when i recahrged from my phone with recharge card but you can always check your balance immedietly through telephone. No worries buddy. Just chillax:thumbsup:

Even 3 days back in chennai i wanted to recharge for my TS with 1000 rupees card but the vendor did not had 1000 ruppees voucher rather she gave two 500 ruppess voucher and i recharged it:thumbsup:. I dont find any shortage of vouchers in chennai as even in very small shops they have got recharge vouchers in chennai.

@kedarisv:

Even i had the same problem that i did not recieve and alert for nearly 30 hours even when i recahrged from my phone with recharge card but you can always check your balance immedietly through telephone. No worries buddy. Just chillax:thumbsup:

Thanks, I was just wondering if Tata Sky changed any strategy for recharging.
About status on phone & Alert: we were not getting updated balance on phone after returning from vendor as it normally happens after recharge by voucher, so thought if vendor ignored/forgot to recharge (as they always seem busy with thousands of work in hand). We got updated balance on phone also after 24 hours & then followed the alert on TV after some time
Voucher recharge was like a key feature from TATASKY, quite easy, secure and as it didn't involved any human factor, so no worries ignorance (vendor forgot to charge) or misuse of User ID (like u faced earlier)

Are Recharge Vouchers for Tata Sky available in shops/outlets?
Because recently when we had to recharge, and we went to buy voucher, the vendor said that voucher are now not available, and we have to give him Customer ID and he will recharge.
It was no problem then so we paid the amount, but till next 24 hours we didn't got any message that account has been recharged, and next day when we inquired about it, he said it takes time, and then by time we reached home we got alert after more than 24 hours. We suspect the vendor had forgot to recharge.
Earlier by phone it looked easy, but by this I feel is risky since involvement of such human factor. Also a chance of misuse of ID by vendor
Has anybody recharged by voucher recently?
Hi,

Recharge vouchers are available, in fact now all the vouchers are available all the time. Thats the best part of not having the physical voucher anymore. Above all what you are talking about here is called top-up. This is so much more comfortable than buying a physical voucher and calling up some call center or texting some short code to recharge your tata sky account. I'm sure you've heard of top-up, all mobile operators use it.

Yep. Didn't give him the id though. It seems they have stopped supplying the scratch cards. Now, the vendor provides a small printed receipt of the requested denomination with the sixteen digit code written on it openly. They get it through sms, it seems. Pay the money, get the paper and do the recharge from your home yourself. That is safer (somewhat).
Actually its a lot quicker and hassle free than sitting around scratching a voucher, yeah its in the open but I got a printer receipt and thats the proof of purchase. If you ever have a problem of security you can always contact tata sky with the the receipt number. I got it checked.. its quite secure. I personally like this better. Lesser hassles for me.

Even now the recharge status is known immediately. The only thing is that the safety provided by the scratch card is no longer available. I used to do 1000 rupee recharges earlier. Since I didn't know how it would turn out, I did a 300 rupee one this time. Trust Tata Sky to 'fix' a system that was working flawlessly.
Actually Im really glad they stopped the vouchers. Kudos to tata sky, they are definitely moving ahead. Who wants the hassle of buying a voucher and scratching the card to see your PIN. I personally like having the retailer top-up my account directly at the shop. Now once I give him my subid he gives me a confirmation. The confirmation contains your name. Thats pretty cool.

Thanks, I was just wondering if TATASKY changed any strategy for recharging.
About status on phone & Alert: we were not getting updated balance on phone after returning from vendor as it normally happens after recharge by voucher, so thought if vendor ignored/forgot to recharge (as they always seem busy with thousands of work in hand). We got updated balance on phone also after 24 hours & then followed the alert on TV after some time
Voucher recharge was like a key feature from TATASKY, quite easy, secure and as it didn't involved any human factor, so no worries ignorance (vendor forgot to charge) or misuse of User ID (like u faced earlier)
Actually thats weird, i guess you just got unlucky. I've been recharging with tata sky now all over Pune and Bangalore with their new top-up and its great. Dont even have to leave the home. I just call up the retailer and give him my subid and the best part is I can pay him later. This is really convenient. I'm glad they've done this...

May be I was unlucky at that instant, otherwise I don't mind this process if that is so simple. Only that now there is human factor involved so there remains chance of some errors, ignorance or forgetting (which may result in loss of service if not realised soon)

May be I was unlucky at that instant, otherwise I don't mind this process if that is so simple. Only that now there is human factor involved so there remains chance of some errors, ignorance or forgetting (which may result in loss of service if not realised soon)
This new process actually helps both the customer and the company. But yeah like you said there is human intervention.. honestly there is always a possibility of human error. You could even make an error while recharging your account online. You could put a wrong number in your subid and recharge my account.. :-)

Scratch cards are available once again.@clarkThe security I was talking about relates to the subscriber id. TS uses your subscriber id, name and address to identify you. It might create problems if you deal with an unscrupulous dealer and he tries to hijack your identity. That is why I prefer scratch cards over the paper based recharge. If the dealer is a known fellow, then things should be quite ok.

Scratch cards are available once again.

@clark
The security I was talking about relates to the subscriber id. TS uses your subscriber id, name and address to identify you. It might create problems if you deal with an unscrupulous dealer and he tries to hijack your identity. That is why I prefer scratch cards over the paper based recharge. If the dealer is a known fellow, then things should be quite ok.
Then how will you even do anything on the internet if this is how scared you are..? Im sure you never use your credit card online.

Back