Tata Sky+ DTH Service: Dish TV, TataSky plan to roll out DVR technology by Diwali

• Thread starter Thread starter msol49
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 11,690
"Our launch of DVR is expected around Diwali and our offer will have 140 hours of recording time," Dish TV Chief Operating Officer Salil Kapoor said, adding the set top boxes for the DVR were expected to cost around Rs 10,000 each.

Tata Sky+ has 45 Hours of recording time only while Dish TV has 140 Hours

So does this mean that we need to give 2 inputs from that dish antenna to the DVR? :eek:

pack your bags and go to usa. buy two tivos. ok?

Hi guys Tata Sky is introducing service just like bskyb UK.. there they have simple SKY service and one SKY+ service.. There also SKY+ service in DVR set-top box... but one thing is that SKY+ remote is universal remote... i dont know weather our TATASKY+ remote will be universal or not... but the remote looks like a universal sky+ remote.

in a world one 1000 channel just 1 tuner to record is not enough every where there are at least 6 tuner.....

boss, be happy you are getting atleast 2 tuners. i think its sufficient enough. where are you going to back up the measly 160gb once u get done recording?

HiWhat if i have to back up some of the Movies from the DVR via my DVD Recorder, which records in MPEG 2 format, will it happen.. or this back up of movies & other stuff is good only to watch on a later time, if not then what should i do to back up this recordings & how good is Tata Sky DVR when they say it will record only 40 Hrs? of recording.. should we waitSabir

Back