Tata Sky+ DTH Service: Technical fault while scheduling a recording

• Thread starter Thread starter droidsuree
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,265
I have a 600 va inverter with 3 hour full load backup; so no problem in watching tv and use of pc for a couple of hours with normal comfort of fans. Fortunately, power outage is not more than 2 hours in our area, 3 hours very rare.

:thumb: Its Ok if you have a Inverter system but mind it, its purely designed for electrical loads like tubes, bulbs, CLF lamps & fans & not so sensitive electronic loads like a PC or in our case a Digicomp STB. Even though a TV is a electronic load due to its variable capacity input transformer its designed to work on voltages as low as 90V AC upto high 250V AC & due to its solid state circuitary it des not fail to restart to its original state even after a power cut & resume. So my advise to all the PC & TS+ Digicomp - STB owners is go for an UPS with AVR (Auto Voltage Regulation) technology & lightning and surge filter with high backup capacity like the one in 800VA & above capacity models if you can afford to have one with your STB. I would recommend having a APC UPS system with Cosine wave Inverter and AVR technology & all the above mentioned features, it even has RF & EMI filter. So its perfect to use with your TS+ SB & TV. Existing Inverter users will however need to a Sine wave UPS model to use with their existing Inverter if they still experience the same recording error problem. ;)

I remember traveling to Kashmir as a kid - (before all hell broke loose there), almost every establishment had one of those diesel generators - they make one heck of a noise NTM pollute like mad but they keep a-runnin'. It's surprising to hear that even large cities like Chennai have frequent power cuts, but even Bombay is not much better - we've had atleast 5-6 in 2008 and had an hour long cut just yesterday. Probably something to do with massive high-rises shooting up everywhere you look. The 1KV UPS comes really handy, it only lasts 20 minutes but ensures that important stuff like flashing firmware or DVD burning go without a hitch. Highly recommeded for every (powerless) Indian! :)

Guys i have got one doubt in the recording feature for which i dont want create a new thread......... Ok my doubt: There is a feature in TS+ for the programmes which can be recorded stating it as a Series Link by enabling this feature will TS record those programmes without giving record command in advance when the STB is on.......

Ok my doubt: There is a feature in TS+ for the programmes which can be recorded stating it as a Series Link by enabling this feature will TS record those programmes without giving record command in advance when the STB is on.......
Very confusing question!
If you meant for some programs (serials) which you select 'Record by Series', then yes, all remaining episodes are automatically scheduled for recording and gets recorded.
Note: For the Series record to work fine, the series link flag must be present in EPG of the serials, which is provided by broadcaster. If it is not present, then series record will not work and all episodes need to schedule for recording manually

Very confusing question!
If you meant for some programs (serials) which you select 'Record by Series', then yes, all remaining episodes are automatically scheduled for recording and gets recorded.

Thanks for the reply.........

I record Arasi Serial in my TS+ for which in the EPG TS has provided Series Link Record.........since now i have activated the series link for that serial from now the serial will get automatically recorded correct me if i am wrong...........

Series link option is displayed only when the epg has the necessary flag as indicated by SVK; for most of the serials, this option is not displayed - i.e. serial record is not possible.

Mostly for star channel channel and for important serials in sun tv in the epg the series link feature is provided......

I used to have this programme where the recording would get prematurely truncated. And I found no pattern to this. Sometimes it would record 33 mins of a 60 mins programme, sometimes 129 mins of a 90 min one! Settings are all at 5 mins to the start and end of the programme. In one instance it did not record the programme at all. Slightly OT but can showcase movies purchased be recorded and viewed at another time/day?

You can buy the showcase movies and the same can be recorded but you have to view the recorded showcase movie within 3 days or else in the 4th day when press play button to view the showcase movie it will you to call the cc to view this channel......:(

You can buy the showcase movies and the same can be recorded but you have to view the recorded showcase movie within 3 days or else in the 4th day when press play button to view the showcase movie it will you to call the cc to view this channel......:(

in that case cant that person just buy a DVD and watch it even after 1 week?why should he buy showcase and view in just 3days?
cant understand the TS+ logic :hysterical:

Back