Tata Sky+ DTH Service: We can't transfer our RECORDINGS!!

• Thread starter Thread starter NHS2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 19,610
Tata Sky set top box gives you just one channel stream output and you don't get a composite feed so the brilliant idea of a dvd recorder with two tuner will keep you connected to your cable wala who will also shortly turn into a single video output mode by 2011 if he has not already done so. So how about we trash this thread as it is not technically feasible. Good ?

if so, this is a bad idea - someone said, it is only for following reasons: - record it and view it later- record it and view for once, twice, thrice or more and then delete it.. lets assume, we can record 2 hours of any program and what if my program is of 5 hours? What if i want to record 2 programs coming on different channels: 5 hours of program on zee tv starts at 10am till 3pm and 6 hours of program on star plus starts at 4pm till 10pm and then i would like to view them on next day?LOL :) then Tata Sky+ is useless?

I dont think any programs runs for five hrs except the movies and Cricket match...........:cool2: If i go with your statement then i dont think even 200 hrs recording wont be sufficient for the customers.......:P

amt of recording wud probably depend on capacity of harddisk. may be they will come up with harddisk size based plans too in future.

Well i finally ordered Tata Sky+ n it is supposed to have 45 hrs of recording space on its 160 gig hard drive... as soon as some one tries to yank out the drive and dismantle the stb pls post how it went here.

I was thinking we should keep the old STB with us... Tata Sky is buying it back for RS 100 , so ditch them and pay them RS 100 extra and keep the STB.
Then u have 2 of em... multi room for RS 100 more...
Also.... if you ever plan on pulling the plus STB apart...to increase HDD space then it will be handy as a backup.

:whistle:

It clearly states here :
The Grand Tata Sky Exchange Offer

As an existing Annual Base Pack Subscriber you can save 40%

MRP (includes standard installation)Your special priceRs 5,999Your total savingsRs 4,000

Your savings include:

[*]Total discount of Rs 2,999*
[*]Full waiver on the standard installation charges (Rs 1,000)
[*]Lifetime waiver of Tata Sky+ usage fee
[/list]*This will be in the form of a repurchase price of digicomp at Rs 100 plus an additional upfront discount of Rs 2,899 on price of Tata Sky+.

http://www.tataskyplus.com/annual-base-pack-40.html

Hey i received the Tata Sky plus stb today... n its come with a host of connectivity options, including component, s-video, and even USB come with a optical sound connectivity. it seems generations ahead of the crap they had given before. the box also has provision for connection with ethernet and modem no clue what that will be for

try hooking up a pendrive in that USB!Damn! with all those connections!! I'll start sticking anything in! :happy:

try hooking up a pendrive in that USB!
Damn! with all those connections!! I'll start sticking anything in! :happy:
thats a damn intresting idea man...... as soon as the installation gets done, ill stick in.... my external HDD;) & lets see if there are any fireworks:)

Back