Tata Sky+ DTH Service: We can't transfer our RECORDINGS!!

• Thread starter Thread starter NHS2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 19,610
Hey i received the Tata Sky plus stb today... n its come with a host of connectivity options, including component, s-video, and even USB come with a optical sound connectivity. it seems generations ahead of the crap they had given before.

the box also has provision for connection with ethernet and modem no clue what that will be for

I got my Tata SKyplus upgrade yesterday. Yes, the STB has provisions for USB, Ethernet and RJ11 socket for modem. But the supporting software is not enabled. So it is of no use unless Tata decides to upgrade it. If anybody in this forum from TCS, they can enlighten us the future plan for firmware release. I have connected my 40" Sony X series TV to this new STB via component video the best available in the STB. It sucks, video quality is nothing better than the old composite video output from the old STB.
I have a Sun Direct connection also which gives marginally better video for the same channel. I have not yet bothered to connect the optical audio to my Onkyo 7.1 SR605 AV receiver. Today I will try and post the details.

recoding can't be transferred because its for personal viewing and copyrighted. if you remove hdd then for tampering will loose warranty. if they wanted would have easily putted usb to transfer.

thats a damn intresting idea man...... as soon as the installation gets done, ill stick in.... my external HDD;) & lets see if there are any fireworks:)

alright guys.... just tried sticking my External HDD on +'s USB Port, nothing happened. seems its not activated yet.

The user manual also lists the port for future use.

Guys we are just hyping the whole PVR thing, any DVD recorder with HDD & 2 TV Tuner, can Pause Live TV, Rewind & Record & it would be independent of any DTH service providerOk the price may be a little higher but you can get them cheap from outside of India. the best part is that you can archive this recording for a long time & thats my only grouse at the moment... has anyone been able to get around and have a solution to Backup this Recordings yet. Sabir

look guys been usin this service for 2 days now, i think its pretty awesome and the presence of the USB, Ethernet & Modem ports hold promise for the future I am happy with my decision to get it. Also the recorded programs haqve no apparent quality loss, i have a 30" screen I am not able to make out the difference between the recording and the live tv, also the sound is better with the optical cable.

how will u set the channel to record on DVD recorder with HDD, where i can find details about it.

The biggest advantage of a PVR is that there is seamless integration of software & hardware, which i guess is its biggest USP.The neat sync of EPG with recording & playing it, is a very important factor.

Back