Tata Sky DTH will increase prices if tax continues

• Thread starter Thread starter hifijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 5,817
I don't think Tata Sky is alone. Let's not forget Dish Tv too increased STB prices due to Tax.

right,but Dishtv even reduced when the tax was reduced.But Tatasky didnt reduce during that time also.:grin:

Yes all the Dth providers raised prices so its not Tata Sky alone who raised price due to tax.

Dish TV raised the STB price. But this was because of the new govt duty. I am not blaming Dish Tv at all. All STBs will cost higher irrespective of which DTH provider it is.

----------

Another thing. I am not sure if people have read the article above properly.

The Uttar Pradesh Government recently levied an entertainment tax of 30 per cent on DTH services and set top boxes, forcing Dish TV to stop further sales in the State.

The CEO and Managing Director of Tata Sky, Mr Vikram Kaushik, told Business Line that Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and others may soon follow suit. “If this happens, we will be left with no option but to pass on the additional burden to the consumer.”

So this proves that Tax pinches everyone.

The CEO and Managing Director of Tata Sky, Mr Vikram Kaushik, told Business Line that Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and others may soon follow suit. “If this happens, we will be left with no option but to pass on the additional burden to the consumer.”

So this proves that Tax pinches everyone.

"If this happens".

Let it first Happen, then we ll talk about it.

Back