• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,710

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
With at least two more direct-to-home (DTH) services to commence in the near future, Tata Sky Ltd hopes to make good of the growing competition. The joint venture between Tata Group and STAR is expecting the Pay TV households to be around 165 million by 2015. Quoting an MPA report, chief marketing officer Vikram Mehra said, “The Pay TV households are expected to be around 165 million by 2015. We expect to have a major share in this, given our growth rate.” Claiming to be the first DTH operator in the world to cross 1 million connections mark in one year, Mehra added that the company is expecting to soon cross the 8 million mark by 2012. After spending around Rs 1,000 crore last year, Tata Sky has now set aside an investment of another Rs 2,000 crore:thumbsup::yahoo: to raise up its subscribers base. The company finds a huge scope of tapping the market since only 70 million households in the country own TV sets, which is supposed to grow upto 200 million households. Among its new services, Tata Sky will be offering 15-20 more channels much of which will be regional channels to be offered as part of its recent settlement with Sun Network. Mehra declined to comment on possibilities of the cost of the settlement being shifted to the subscribers. Tata Sky will also soon launch more interactive services like personal video recorder (PVR) where the viewer can pause the live programmes to watch later. Moreover, the company is in talks with broadcasters for offering some of the international channels as well:thumbsup::yahoo:. Presently, the DTH player offers around 120-odd channels across the country.

Tata Sky are very slow in channels adding process.So if they add 20 channels now dont except any new channel for next year.My request to Mr.Ajuravi:Please explain Neo Sports issue.Please talk to Tata sky management.

Tata Sky are very slow in channels adding process.So if they add 20 channels now dont except any new channel for next year.
My request to Mr.Ajuravi:Please explain Neo Sports issue.Please talk to Tata sky management.
I will do that but not at this point of time if i do that i will waste my time and it will be unnecessary tension to me. I will wait till september (i will make some calls to them in the month of september) from october it will be full action to get neo sports.:thumbsup:

i think DD would get the telecast for india pakistan series :):)
They will get rights only for ODI's thats 200% sure.........:confused:

29th September India Australia 1st ODI Live on Neo Sports.So we have to start now.

Australia touring india or india touring australia... If india is touring australia then i guess ess has rights for telecasting all matches in the australin continent! If in india then:" Everyone, this is the time we should start the revolt and get the cc guys to know wat we want and wat v can do to get wat v want!"

Surely, there will be a DTH service run by more competent people than the goons who currently run Tata Sky, and will take over a market, waiting to be dominated. It's a simple formula really - offer genuine choice, and take over the market. Unfortunately, the baboos at tata sky are too busy mapping out big plans, while completely ignoring the issues that will actually give them access to the lofty figures they throw up. competition will destroy tata sky like no other DTH provider.

Back