TATA SKY experts plz help

• Thread starter Thread starter panks2611
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,647

panks2611

ISP
Airtel
Dear All I am having Tata Sky connection and recently shifted from 1st floor to 2nd floor in the same building, I didnt have to move the dish however since cable was not sufficient i joined one more (local) cable to it with the help of tape and used local F conncentor to STB. Allthough i am getting the singnal but my signal strength is only betwen 80-90(which earlier was 120) and signal quality is 80. 1) Does reduction in singnal strength any way reduce the quality of picture 2) Reduction in signal strength is bacuse of joint in cable or due to use of local F connector?3) How shd i increase singnal strength? Yesterday night arround 10-12 channels were not coming and once i thighted the F connector it didnt had any problem. Please helpall this i did to save 600 Rs. which TS is charging? is it really worth

I dont think that is wrong.. considering TS charging 600 bucks too much..and as far as the signal strength.. 80 is good..Not bad at all...!!Dont worry..

Extending cable may cause loss, but looking at the signal strentgh, it looks sufficient. But if signal goes down further and channels are lost then may be cable needs to replaced. But I guess it can be done by some local technicians who do DD Direct+ installation. Then may not charge Rs 600

Yes. You can contact local cable technician and change the cable. It leaks quality and disturbed while sound waves too.

There is no problem with the quality but call the techicians or even any local cable operator to fix it

Extending the cable by taping it does cause loss of signal - you can easily get a female F-connector and use it to extend it - you would also need another Male F-connector. These are readily available in a Electrical shop. (This is what I have done so I can move TV + box to any room in our house :cool2:)Also if the taped joint is out in the open, rain will cause water accumulate decreasing signal strength further. Next use a good quality cable - I am not sure about the ratings/types, but rule of thumb is "thicker the cable - better the quality". Get cable at least s thick as cable provided by TS. Finally poor signal should not cause "some" channels to be missing - either all channels would be available or all would have issues. The first symptom would be screen freezing on all channels (which happens when it rains) and signal quality dropping drastically.

Just make sure the connection is not loose, make it tight and i think there should be no problems.. Loose connections will leak signal, which reduces the quality..

Back