Tata Sky has increased DTH package prices again

There was a point where we had - Dish Tv, Airtel DTH, Cable TV - We were paying around 1000. Without HD & also not all channels - Each Tv was having moderate number of channels. Decided to change everything to D2H alongside getting 2 HDs boxes over a course of 3-4 months.. Cost came down to around 800 for premium package in all 3 TVs.. Now, of course price increase has meant we are back to 1k. But then atleast 2 TVs are HD and also if we had continued the old, it would have probably touched 1200...

Economically it makes sense to have a single provider...

you do not have a choice when you have a dysfunctional family where no one likes to talk to each other.

:giggle:

I got my dad and mom on cable for a few months. Both gave up largely because of channels disappearing now and then because of non payments. With DTH, dad miss local haryana news channels that were available on the CAS box. but at least the channels do not disappear randomly. of course he does hate the transmission problems during rains. but then cable guy used to lose power backup during heavy rains as well. so there's that.

Wow 1500 per month? It's more than I pay for an year. We are paying Rs100 per month for cable TV with a dozen of local channels [total 85+ channels], of course transmission quality is not great, but good enough for the price. Using only 1 TV 32" Samsung HD 3D LED and old CRT one is lying without use as I feel having one TV in each floor of house will reduce interaction between family members [mostly mom and my wife, kids], which I thought is a bad thing.

Further there is no real HD Tamil channel and that is another reason I am not using DTH, even though my family members urge me to buy DTH during power cuts as we have surplus solar power in the house.

I will wait till set top box portability and handful quantity of Tamil channels in real HD before going for DTH .

Wow! I thought I'm only among few pissed up with these DTH service cost. But guess I was wrong. So many people are way more screwed than I am anyway please suggest good Paytm offer . No choice but stick to Tata Sky as it's the only cheapest option Available right now. Checked out Airtel & Videocon yesterday, but it's even more expensive than TataSky.

I have Airtel and my parents have Tata Sky. Our homes are half-Km apart. I wish TataSky or Airtel allowed me to have Multi-connection on both homes :P
Since both connections are HD, I am now paying almost 1100 per month :(

can't you apply for a child connection at one home. and use that card on the connection in the other home?

I can try that. But now both connections are settled, and don't wish to disturb either.
But I doubt if I take Child connection, would they come and do connection at another address. I assume both connections should be registered at same address.
I think I need to get it done illegally :)

well it would be a waste as you would need to get it installed on one of the two houses as an addon to the existing connection at that house.
then stop using the primary card at the other house. replace it with the card of the addon.

Back