Tata Sky has over 2.5-million DTH subscribers

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,143
well..well..lets see what TS has there plans..SRK and free set-top box working for them..

"Of the 5-6 million DTH users in the country, Dish TV has over 3.3-million subscribers, Tata Sky has over 2.5-million DTH subscribers"

The article seems to have got the arithmetic wrong. Sun direct also may have close to one million.

Anyway, growth rate of dish and TS has slowed down. Will TS achieve addition of million customers in ten months as before?

HMMMMM. i think these figure quoted by Tata Sky are wrong one. Because if you remember 2 months back TATA sky declared that they have 2 million subscriber. then how come they added 5 lakh subscriber in 2 months where in last 2 months their sales have been drooped dratically, even the same has been mentioned in the document that tata sky filed in court against case with dishtv. they have quated that their sales have dropped by 50% from 1 lakh per month to 50-60 thousand per month and dishtv sales up by 50% from 1 lahk to 1.5 lakh per month. So based on that these are just fake figures just to lure new customers, and also they are not listed company, so nobody will question them that they provided wrong figure.They hardly have 2.1 or max 2.2 million subscribers.

Only god know about the true figures:wall:I wonder why Dish TV is making slow growth rates.....:confused: If this article is true on 3.3 million dish tv users.....

"Of the 5-6 million DTH users in the country, Dish TV has over 3.3-million subscribers, Tata Sky has over 2.5-million DTH subscribers"

The article seems to have got the arithmetic wrong. Sun direct also may have close to one million.

Anyway, growth rate of dish and TS has slowed down. Will TS achieve addition of million customers in ten months as before?
Well I guess they only count Tatasky and Dish TV as DTH players since Sun DTH is not Natiowide DTH player.

They figure is right for both DTH.

If figure is true then the gap between Dish TV and TS is very less and i think at one point of time TS will surely over take Dish TV but i wonder is that only the forum members show hatered towards TS.......:confused: as the growth rate of TS is mcuh better than Dish TV if this article is true. Its really difficult to predict the public mind......

I think growth rate of both the dth is same nothing more or less both of them adding around 1 lakh customer per month, but last 2 month after dishtv's stb free offer sales of dishtv has gone high, and for Tata Sky has gone down,as for dishtv last month it moves up from 1 lakh to 1.4 lakh in one month and for Tata sky last month their sales have gone down ....don't know exact figure. Sourece: dishtv wsebsite

Both are useless..Unless the packs become customer friendly and dirt cheap, with all channels at less than Rs.350, they are not going to grow exponetially..This is gradual growth and because of cheap advertising , Fooling the consumers.These figures also include, discontinued and deactivated connections, which of course will be more in TS :hysterical:

In TS i only watch the sports channels and i am very interested in infotainment channels and i would like to subscribe to both hindi and english movie channel. It would be great if TS provides me these channels for less than Rs.250 atleast from next year when my annual super saver pack expires.......

Back