Tata Sky HD DTH launched for Rs. 2599 only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 26,902
HD Program mes which are recorded will be in HD and SD in SD

Are you sure about this? I heard otherwise... Can someone double check please...

Are you sure about this? I heard otherwise... Can someone double check please...

Yes. BIG TV DVR also has the same feature. HD DVR is meant to record in HD format obviosuly from a HD CHANNEL. But the DTH ops shud give more Hard Disk as HD content requires more space

Yes HD programmes are recorded & stored with their original broadcast video resolution i.e. HD format.
As HD recordings need more space compared to SD, HD PVRs are provided with bigger HDD generally.
See - Sky+ HD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A new model Set Top Box introduced in late 2009/early 2010, offers a new storage capacity of 1 TB for Personal Storage. The new box allows for up to 240 hours of recording.
SKY UK HD PVR provided with 1 TB/500 GB HDD, while simple PVR was with 250 GB.

At least a step in the right direction, is it only 2 HD channels + Showcase?

Two HD and maybe one showcase channel....and I don't think the Showcase HD will be for the same 50 Bucks

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Showcase is in HD?

How else will they show kites in HD otherwise

Yes HD programmes are recorded & stored with their original broadcast video resolution i.e. HD format.
As HD recordings need more space compared to SD, HD PVRs are provided with bigger HDD generally.
See - Sky+ HD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SKY UK HD PVR provided with 1 TB/500 GB HDD, while simple PVR was with 250 GB.

Even if TS+ can handle HD channels, the HDD it has will not be sufficient, so, the HDD has to be upgraded

Back