Tata Sky HD Showcase Movie Quality ???

Yesterday I ordered Jodha Akbar which was availabl on Showcase HD. Here are some comments:1. The 12 free showcase movies that come as part of Annual mega pack seems to be valid for showcase HD also. I was not charged for it. 2. Picture quality is absolutely amazing. And Jodha akbar is a visually good movie. So watching it on HD was absolutely amazing. Couple of elder family folks(who dont notice stuff like HD and all) commented on how brilliant the picture quality was3. I was not very happy with the sound. It was not 5.1. seemed more stereo sound to me. In general, to enjoy the HD picture Jodha Akbar is a good choice(although most people would have seen it as it has come on tv countless times). Still the HD experience is a litle different.

The video and audio quality of movies on the Showcase HD channel is absolutely amazing. It is just like the HD DVDs and HD prints we get online.

That's good to hear. but was Jodha Akbar shot in HD... if not then i guess they only unscaled the movie to HD which also means True HD movies would be even better :O

Movies are shot in a format much higher than HD. That has been the case since days long gone. It is just that when they make their way to a portable media they have to undergo a lot of compression.

What do you mean " was Jodha Akbar shot in HD...", All movies are shot in much much higher quality since it has to be aired on huge screens in theatres with surround sound.

You need to pay for the movies in showcase , Watching the Football world up and Wimbledon in HD itself is a treat.

That's good to hear. but was Jodha Akbar shot in HD... if not then i guess they only unscaled the movie to HD which also means True HD movies would be even better :O

well
my cousins in US watched Jodha Akbar in Bluray Disk which proves that Jodha Akbar also has an HD version and I agree that Movies are shot in much higher formats than HD but they have to compress it for portable media

Back