Tata Sky investing Rs 2,000 cr more

• Thread starter Thread starter stev29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,608

stev29

ISP
broadband 512 Kbps TATA
Chennai, Sept. 24 Tata Sky aims to add about 70 lakh subscribers to its existing 10 lakh by 2012. It plans to increase its distribution network to 5,000 by the year-end from the present 4,500. “We are also planning to add new regional and international content and launch the personal video recorder (that can record/ pause live programmes) over the next few months,” Mr Vikram Kaushik, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Tata Sky Ltd, said today at a press conference.
The company has already invested about Rs 1,000 crore in operations and plans to add about Rs 2,000 crore more in the next 3-5 years to grow its national base.
According to independent research reports, the DTH market is expected to grow from the present 48 lakh subscribers to 3.76 crore subscribers by 2015. The overall pay TV penetration is expected to grow to 16.5 crore subscribers by 2015.
Tata Sky recently entered into a partnership with the Sun TV Group to beam 15 regional language channels on its platform. When asked if the company now saw the Sun TV Group, which has entered the DTH space, as a competitor (as opposed to content partner) Mr Kaushik said any competition based on pricing alone was not competition.
He said that Tata Sky had a better software and the consequent better quality would sustain the company in the long run. The press conference was held to formally announce the addition of south Indian channels on Tata Sky. The subscription for Tata Sky’s south India package starts at Rs 200, in addition to the Rs 3,000 for the set-top box and Rs 1,000 for installation charges. The company has already seen considerable subscription volumes in Tamil Nadu, Mr Kaushik said declining to share numbers.

The Hindu Business Line : Tata Sky investing Rs 2,000 cr more

2000cr rupees more.... to build walls for aju :hysterical: (just kidding)

This good, TS technically superior, and has a very long term plans. But some of the people will never agree with this at all. Once Govt allows DTH to provide exclusive channels, I feel TS wud bring best content from around the world. This also some people will start criticising, for them criticising has become a habit,they criticise even if they do something good.

Yes.. in bringing international channels TS will be the Best .. i hope they bring Sky sports channels. i expected them to give that before they started. but nothing later.. it showed sky news as test before the launch.also it had Fox news

Tata Sky may not be a preferred choice in the entry segment. But it will notch a significant market share in the mid and elite segments. I feel many will switch to tatasky from sun like operators after the initial thirst is quenched; change over will be easy to decide as the loss suffered by quitting 'sun' in minimal.

Tata Sky may not be a preferred choice in the entry segment. But it will notch a significant market share in the mid and elite segments. I feel many will switch to tatasky from sun like operators after the initial thirst is quenched; change over will be easy to decide as the loss suffered by quitting 'sun' in minimal.

yes.. they can do very well in south even if sun dth is launched.. but they have to make different packages for regions and also sports.

Yes.. in bringing international channels TS will be the Best .. i hope they bring Sky sports channels. i expected them to give that before they started. but nothing later.. it showed sky news as test before the launch.also it had Fox news
Yes JJVJ,It wud be good thing for DTH operators and consumers, if the govt allows these players to give exclusive channels, Then when can see the real competion and consumer will get good quality. now its the same channels all the DTH. I hope SUN also get Astro channels. and Dish Turner channels, it wud be great for the consumers.

Yes JJVJ,It wud be good thing for DTH operators and consumers, if the govt allows these players to give exclusive channels, Then when can see the real competion and consumer will get good quality. now its the same channels all the DTH. I hope SUN also get Astro channels. and Dish Turner channels, it wud be great for the consumers.

I think Dishtv has tied with Multichoice Africa.. so if govt allows they will provide Supersports channels..

wow.. it will be great as TS can get Sky channels and Dishtv Multichoice.. would love to see those sports channels..

We won't get their sports channels because of the rights issues.
We may get news channels though.

Back