Tata Sky now offers subscribers Temporary Suspension

• Thread starter Thread starter indya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 52,095

indya

ISP
dataone
Tata Sky subscribers with 'active' status can avail of temporary suspension for a minimum of one month up to a maximum of
3 months.
The subscriber will not be charged for the period of service suspension.

What is temporary suspension?
Tata Sky subscribers can now suspend their viewing services temporarily (on account of vacation, travel, exams etc). for a
minimum period of a month and a maximum period of three months.

HOW :
Subscribers will have to write to [email protected] or call the helpline or & request for their Tata Sky services to be suspended;
by which the subscriber will no longer be able to view Tata Sky services & the Tata Sky account will not be charged;
thereby leaving the account balance intact. The suspension will be effective from the date the call is made.

KEY BENFITS :
Tata Sky subscribers can now suspend their viewing services temporarily on account of vacation, travel, exams etc

KEY Points :
• Subscriber can resume services within a month from suspension; however this may be subject to a charge as decided
by Tata Sky. When you call the Tata Sky helpline / write to [email protected] requesting for your services to be resumed.
• Temporary suspension will not be allowed if you are on any of our promotional packs (e.g. Annual packs, Semi-annual
packs, Direct Sales pack etc)
• Temporary Suspension will apply to all digicomps even multiroom.
• Temporary suspension is applicable only to residential connections
• This will not impact warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice offer. Eventhough Tata Sky has less channels, on the other hand TS doing good to customers. :yahoo::irock:

good feature. i had like to see them offer suspension for periods of less than a month. i mean if they can charge per day of usage... why cannot we have an option to not pay for days or weeks of non-usage.

Good work by Tata Sky. Many times I felt that suspension should be there if we are planning to not use it for some days, finally TATASKY came up with such service.

good feature. i had like to see them offer suspension for periods of less than a month.

i mean if they can charge per day of usage... why cannot we have an option to not pay for days or weeks of non-usage.

right now with this option we can tell them in advance where we are going and ask them to stop the service temporarily.

But when we return back we will first switch ON the tv,so hope they give us our channels soon rather than ask us to wait for 1day or so.

another problem is Tata Sky CC will know that no one is at our home,so they might send thieves :notallowed:

Folks getting excited, please note that only suspension is free, restoral is not necessarily free. See below.

Subscriber can resume services within a month from suspension; however this may be subject to a charge as decided
by Tata Sky.

Knowing Tata Sky, they will definitely levy a restoral fee.

Temporary suspension will not be allowed if you are on any of our promotional packs (e.g. Annual packs, Semi-annual
packs, Direct Sales pack etc)

So people who have committed to take their service for longer durations are not allowed a privilege. Way to go :thumbs:

Even if there is a restoral fee, it is better than full payment and no 'watching'. In the hey days of cable tv (till 3 years ago), I had to pay 50% of the monthly subscription (300+), when away from home, i.e. when the house is locked.

----------

right now with this option we can tell them in advance where we are going and ask them to stop the service temporarily.

But when we return back we will first switch ON the tv,so hope they give us our channels soon rather than ask us to wait for 1day or so.

another problem is Tata Sky CC will know that no one is at our home,so they might send thieves :notallowed:

Just a week ago, this happened to one of my relatives in NewZeland.
The husband and the wife, both doctors, were at the clinic during the day. The whole house was emptied and loaded into a truck; the neighbours thought that they were relocating.
It is safer and prudent to install basic home security system these days

This is a good move by TS, if some one wants to go for long vacations can avail this facility.

Even if there is a restoral fee, it is better than full payment and no 'watching'. In the hey days of cable tv (till 3 years ago), I had to pay 50% of the monthly subscription (300+), when away from home, i.e. when the house is locked.

----------

Just a week ago, this happened to one of my relatives in NewZeland.
The husband and the wife, both doctors, were at the clinic during the day. The whole house was emptied and loaded into a truck; the neighbours thought that they were relocating.
It is safer and prudent to install basic home security system these days

most funniest neighbours.how can they think that they are relocating without anyone (husband or wife) being at home.

----------

Folks getting excited, please note that only suspension is free, restoral is not necessarily free. See below.

Knowing Tata Sky, they will definitely levy a restoral fee.

So people who have committed to take their service for longer durations are not allowed a privilege. Way to go :thumbs:

a week off from TS will save 20rs and then we need to pay 50rs to get it back.How is this for a thought from Tatasky?

Back