Tata Sky Now ready for launching HD channels, its confirmed

• Thread starter Thread starter jatin2009
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,988

jatin2009

ISP
Airtel 1Mbps
Referring to the below said article dated April 14, 2010, Ericsson has equipped Tata Sky to launch HDTV channels. It has also upgraded the TataSky headends for launching way more no. of SD channels with better encoding that also offer still better picture quality. About HDTV channels, it is now more of the HD channels content issue than when will it launch. The latest date has to be in September, just before the commonwealth games. With this upgrade TataSky is going to be using the highest quality and encoding technology available on the planet currently. Hats off! The only point to be seen next is as to which and how many of A class HD channels will be launched within 2010. One can look forward to not only the A class documentary channels like NatGeo, Discovery etc. but totally AdFree movie channels like HBO, Star Movies etc. Having to see ads during a movie is the worst thing to happen for movie lovers. Worldwide all HD movie channels DO NOT show any TV ads during the program broadcast. It is worth paying a few rupees extra per channel if you seriously are into high quality picture and sound quality.

Ericsson equips Tata Sky to launch HDTV & also more SD channels

Do we again need to get a new STB or will they provide the same on TS+? I have already changed one STB from normal to TS+

Do we again need to get a new STB or will they provide the same on TS+? I have already changed one STB from normal to TS+

Not sure about that, as HD uses a totally different hardware, although TS+ is also supposed to be using MPEG4 for recording. In either case, most likely there will be(there should be, rather) a special offer for TS+ users for replacement at an attractive price point, so till then don't worry about it and enjoy your TS+ viewing and recording. Going by the latest software upgrade that happened last week(in my TS+ it happened last week), the picture quality has gotten better, the recording space somewhat increased and the free TVOD programs automatically downloaded which is a great change(look at the bottom of the menu list for TrueVOD).

Back