Tata Sky Plus Recording Failure

• Thread starter Thread starter jaypee307
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 18,138
Hey man for the past 2 days i am also facing the same problem with TS+...I have the same problem of yours also an additional problem is that when i switch my TV in the morning it shows only Blue blank screen ...then i switch off the STB main power and then it works properly...when came back home in the evening yesterday i was surprised that TV programs which was supposed to get recroded it didnt get recorded but if I press REC button, the current program gets recorded....

Today i would reset my STB and check out tomorrow morning whether the problem persists or not...

I too am seeing this issue since Sunday. All scheduled recordings - series or otherwise fail to record. I don't want to reset and erase all my recordings. One of my relatives had come on TV and I had recorded that episode. I don't want to lose that recording.

Another new thing is that damn channel 100. Earlier if I am watching Sony 111, and put my set-top box on standby, then on switching on it would got to channel 111 but now it always comes to channel 100.

Is reset the only option? If yes what is the process? Has anyone got a response from Tata Sky?

I did the Master Reset; but still the problem persists! Advanced recording fails, but current program could be recorded. May be we need to call Customer Care.

Problem Solved! From the menu Organiser---->System Settings---->Tata Sky+ Settings---->Add to Start Recording; I changed to 2 minutes from 10 minutes. I don't know how this solved the problem, but the recording works properly now. Earlier too, the option was 10 minutes and woked fine till last week.Hope this will help those whose Tata Sky+ was not recording programs properly.

I did the master reset but still problem is peristing...From friday i am not switching off my TS+ STB...because of that all the programs are getting recorded...this is the only solution available to us at this point of time...

Me too facing following problems in the last few days.1. When mains power for the stb is switched on, the stb hangs in the boot up-initialisation stage and does not proceed to channel 100. Putting the STB in standby mode with remote and restart works. 2. When channel is changed with channel up/down button, the screen goes dark and channel is not selected. Pressing the channel button down and then up selects the channel (or entering the channel number).3. Channel watched goes dark for a couple of seconds and then comes back.I have not faced any problem with programmed recordings so far, but this is most dangerous as the main purpose is defeated. Frequency of the problems reported is rather low but mildly annoying.

Aju, have you changed the Add to Start Recording option to 2 minutes? I changed it to 2 minutes and there is no problem. All programs which I have set, gets recorded properly.

At this point of time i have set the recording option - Add Start Recording option 10 mins before the program starts and Stop Recording option 10 mins after the program end...Let me change the option of Start Recording for 2 mins and end option also 2 mins...1 last thing did you switch off the STB with your latest settings?

Aju, yes, I have switched off the STB after the day's recording was over. (No need to restart the STB for the changes to take effect).

No need to change the END recording option. The problem will be solved if you change the START option and set it to 2 minutes. I have been recording trouble free after I changed the Start Recording option.

When I called the Customer Care, they didn't have a clue. I accidentally found this solution.

At this point of time i have set the recording option - Add Start Recording option 10 mins before the program starts and Stop Recording option 10 mins after the program end...Let me change the option of Start Recording for 2 mins and end option also 2 mins...

1 last thing did you switch off the STB with your latest settings?

Back