Tata Sky set top box is not shock-proof !

• Thread starter Thread starter pixu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 9,264

pixu

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Dear Friend, As a Tata Sky user, I am facing a typical problem from the begginning of first day use. The problem is that when I touch the upper portion(a particular zone) of the Tatat Sky set top box and getting a little bit of electrical shock from it. As I measure it with a multimeter showing 2.5 volt as even a tester is showing a red light. So I called Tata Sky technician to solve this problem and after inspecting he told me that my set top box is ok and I will get this current from a particular zone of the set top box due to my Samsung TV. Also he told me some technical information about the problem. But I could not understand it. But I think that Tata Sky have used the cheap technology to make the set top box. Please tell me your views about it ! Thank you, Have a good day ! Yours, Pixu

was the shocks of packages and pricing not enough that even the stb is giving it :hysterical: now back to topic. Every STB gives the electrical shock, I get even on Dishtv,sundth also. You can get it on VCP/DVD also. just try it :rofl:

Ya i too got a shock but y r u touching the STB.If u want to make any changes,switch of the power and then touch.

Disconnect the Audio Video cable from the tv and check the stb. If you still get the shock then Tata Sky stb is the problem. If not then keep the tester on the audio video pins with one connection is on the tv end. If the tester lits up then TV is the culprit.

well, i am getting this shocks right from first month even for dish tv. I guess they are using some cheap korean or china made STB's. Sometime shocks are major enough to increase my heartbeats. I try not to touch them. Wat else poor me can do ?:(

All SMPS type will shock (daze). So, nothing problem but use carefully.

Disconnect the Audio Video cable from the tv and check the stb. If you still get the shock then Tata Sky stb is the problem. If not then keep the tester on the audio video pins with one connection is on the tv end. If the tester lits up then TV is the culprit.

You are right. When STB is connected to TV, the charge accumlated on capacitor is passed through AV connectors to STB and we may feel shock if we touch STB. So before touching STB! its better switch OFF STB & TV and disconnect AV connectors.
Already we are shock(ed) by package rates, now don't get 'shock' from STB's

Back