Tata Sky slashes set-top box prices by 50%

• Thread starter Thread starter autumn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,132
yah they reduced stb price and[ note ] no monthly free subscription

guys, though the STB now costs 1499 but u have to pay an additional 1000 bucks for installation & activation which was previously included in the STB price, so in effect its NOT a 50% cut. i purchsed 2 STB, & multiroom subscription in april 2007 for an all inclusive price of 5000 bucks (bargained with the dealer) & i also got 3 mnths subcription free.guess, i still had a better deal.

true. the old price with 6 months free turned out to be a cheaper deal compared to the current one...

Dear friends,TS doing business not charity...How they will survive if hey provide 50% price cut on STB...plus....six months free subscription....this is acceptablecome on... Bhabi ki kasam....the new add on NDTV

hey one good news fr the old customer if we return the set of box then we will get security back and the cost of box that means set off box =rs400+security

i completely agree with sri kanth here, @ nazeer , i dont say that they give free subscription , but they are misguiding us by saying that the prices are down by 50%. perviously when u purchased the STB, the 1000 bucks for activation & installation was included in the purchase price, NOW if they claim that the prices are slahed by 50% then why the hell are they are not including the 1000 bucks for act & ins in the cost of 1499. i understand that if giving the full package for 1499 is not viable for their business, atleast, THEY NOT TAKE US FOR A RIDE.secondly, i personally know ppl who undertake the wharehousing business for the TS STBs in mumbai & delhi, and as per the financial report which they studied & passed on the info to me on previous occassions the STBs are still overpriced.

Agreed that this is a business ploy. But it is a fact that the installation charges were never included in purchase price. When I had it installed, the price was 3000 + 1000 +500 and I received two vouchers (1000 + 500), one for installation charges and the other for about 75 days or so of subscription. Considering this 1499 = 50% of 3000. In any case, people should be aware of these things before buying anything.

Back