tata to tatasky

• Thread starter Thread starter aswinm16
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,068

aswinm16

ISP
cable
my subscription of Tata Sky ends today and i have just taken a dishtv connection....differences i noticed arechannel offering of dish is faaaaaar superior than tata skytechnologically tatasky is far better than dishnumber of music channels in dish is gr8!!!!one of the reasons i opted for dishtvand...dishtv is gonna launch a new satellite...more channels comingdishtv can only get better....wish tatasky also gets better...best of luck ts!!

U have taken a correct Decision... btw, Tata to U, from Tata(Sky friends :D

my subscription of Tata Sky ends today and i have just taken a dishtv connection....differences i noticed are

channel offering of dish is faaaaaar superior than tata sky

technologically tatasky is far better than dish

number of music channels in dish is gr8!!!!one of the reasons i opted for dishtv

and...dishtv is gonna launch a new satellite...more channels coming

dishtv can only get better....wish tatasky also gets better...best of luck ts!!

What do u do with Tata Sky STB box? Did u surrnder your box to Tata SKy or keep it with u? If u surrender, how much they refund?

Whats the point of xxxxx number of music channels when all you get is mono sound? :POk, ok, I think I'm defending Tata Sky here, let me clear that I don't like them much at all. But TS is something I bought for watching TV, and it does that brilliantly. I get all the channels I want, and reception/uptime is great. :)

I would expect about 10% of the subscribers would discontinue every year for a variety of reasons - but the percentage of drop-outs due to dissatisfaction with Tata Sky must be miniscule. I remember reading in one of the earlier posts that TS will buy back the stb for Rs. 400. Is this true and has anybody taken this offer?

Whats the point of xxxxx number of music channels when all you get is mono sound? :P
Ok, ok, I think I'm defending Tata Sky here, let me clear that I don't like them much at all. But TS is something I bought for watching TV, and it does that brilliantly. I get all the channels I want, and reception/uptime is great. :)

Irrespective Tatasky or Dish tv the music channels will sound in Mono :(

any idea why its mono? to save transponder space? or tightly pack the music channels?

Will we get stereo effect with 2 speaker tv and sitting 8ft away? Suppose if our tv is mono then it will sound bad too. The main thing is the feed they get from Channel broadcasters mostly is mono :)

well one can have speakers in two corners of room. one can also have surround sound. i think mono is mostly on purpose, why wud FM broadcaster give them mono feed in such tech-advanced world, where music effects are concentrated more on.

FM radio is stereo. Hear it with ordinary radio and then on a stereo headphone. Now only tv channels are moving to stereo. Long way to go.

Back