• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,460
Status
Not open for further replies.

deren

ISP
TATA BROADBAND
In Hyderabd, recently TATA Communications starting converting all the existing Wire cable connections free of cost to WIMAX due to some local problems of cable cut,etc. Its kind of mendatory for each customer to get shifted to WIMAX. Mine 384kbps unlimited also now changed to 384kbps WIMAX two days back. I was a happy customer of TATA as in spite of 1 or 2 problems, everything was OK for past more than a year. I used to get consistent speed of above 45kB/s in torrent or link-removed. Upload speed was also good But all that pleasure is now gone. After shifting to WIMAX the uncomfort i feel about:(1)Even though Broadband speed that test shows the 0.38 Mbps D/L and 0.25 Mbps U/L speed, a file download speed from link-removed /file factory is only 25-35 kB/s. Mine is 5-story apartment and Tower is appox 300-400meters away without any obstruction. Mine WIMAX modem can "see" the tower without a problem.(2) My file and torrent download manager "Flashget" ceased to work at all. I guess this may be due to all ports (except 3) are closed. Router/Modem is now changed By TATA. Earlier Many ports were open is the previous router and i used to get consistent and good speed in flashget.(3) I tried mutorrent, that works but the speed is only ~10 kB/s.(4) Earlier i had the static IP but now i have Dynamic IP.(5) Earlier i need to login to get connected but now there is "irritating" Web Dialer that disconnect the internet if accidently close the IE. So iave o always keep open this web dialer IE window to keep it connected. And if i go to get some coffee meanwhile, due to inactive session, it gets disconnected and i have to login again.(see while writing this message, i got disconnected and had to login again...so frustating!!:madness:) I dont know what to do to get back to previous condition. With all these problem i started feeling unhappy. i may check for some days, if i dont find any solution , i may say tata to tata broadband. I just want to know from all you guys that do you also feel in the same way.? And do you have solutions of my above problems.???? any help?

384kbps translates to 48kBps. So the max download speed you can get is about 48kBps. If you are getting 25-35kBps, I would say it is just about normal during peak hours. They changed my wireline to Wimax as well after which speeds have come down drastically. Earlier I was getting 200kBps throughput. After the conversion, it went down to 30-40kBps.I switched to Airtel now - 15GB, 2Mbps guaranteed at 1200 rupees.

OK guys. I am back with some more "experience" with the TATA Wimax.Situation has not changed much. Little better in terms of using torrent client. mutorrent is able to get the max connection speed (48kB/s) sometimes but not consistent at all. I found lot of fluctuations in the connection speed. The good speed i get only when the torrent is good and has many seeders and leechers. The download time has increased by 2-3 hrs more as average speed is lower. File download speed is better as there is more cosistency and i get max speed most of the time. .Web dialer is big problem. Whenever I "clean up" my pc with regular maintenance work, something happens and IE fails to detect the TATA dialer page show a "dnserror" message. I had to restore many time my pc back to working condition to get it working. I have to still find what is the reason behind it. Overall Tata broadband with Wimax is still a problem and I would not suggest anyone to go for it. its is not worth of your money.I dont want to change it now as something is better than nothing, and I dont want to spend extra bucks for new connection.Thats update.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back