Tata Wimax to go or not?? pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
I checked all the previous threads and came across many negative reviews. But I also heard that TATA has improved their customer service a lot. So, I would like to know what is the situation or your experience now? Can I trust them and apply for wimax?? Pls help me decide. thanks in advance

I've migrated from wired to wimax. Earlier I use to get 10 hrs(average) downtime every 2 days. Now I get 3-5 minutes (appro. time taken for wimax router to reconnect as it drops out frqeuently). downtime 2-3 times a day on average. So obviosuly wimax is better then wired. With wired I use to get full download/upload speed, Now I get 90% download and 60% upload speed. They are not technically very good, just for instance the guy who came to install couldnt get my connection to work untill I myself switched the frequencys which worked. :) Suprisingly I get better pings (latency rate is better) with wimax as compare to wired. One shud go for wimax or not? I think it depends on your locality as well if they have a tower close to your house if you have clear LOS u will get stable connection and good speeds. but if the tower is far or there are big buildings around your house you are better off getting wired connection preferrably AIRTEL. If you do get tata wimax, make sure you call their TOLL FREE number because they hold you a lot, just for instance one of my call lasted 48 minutes for a small login page problem.Grrrrrrrrr Hope this helps Sunny

i have heard people getting good speeds on TATA wimax. depends on your area i guess.

no iam sufferer frm delhi .fluctuating speeds torrents dont download.

I've migrated from wired to wimax. Earlier I use to get 10 hrs(average) downtime every 2 days. Now I get 3-5 minutes (appro. time taken for wimax router to reconnect as it drops out frqeuently). downtime 2-3 times a day on average. So obviosuly wimax is better then wired.

With wired I use to get full download/upload speed, Now I get 90% download and 60% upload speed.

They are not technically very good, just for instance the guy who came to install couldnt get my connection to work untill I myself switched the frequencys which worked. :)

Suprisingly I get better pings (latency rate is better) with wimax as compare to wired.

One shud go for wimax or not? I think it depends on your locality as well if they have a tower close to your house if you have clear LOS u will get stable connection and good speeds. but if the tower is far or there are big buildings around your house you are better off getting wired connection preferrably AIRTEL.

If you do get tata wimax, make sure you call their TOLL FREE number because they hold you a lot, just for instance one of my call lasted 48 minutes for a small login page problem.Grrrrrrrrr

Hope this helps

Sunny

Better latencies? Can you, for instance, ping 202.63.160.44 and share the results?

Forget this service.with no speed,no signal,no connectivity.Only thing they want is to cheat you. Their executives accept this verbally that this is the modes operand i of broadband operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back