Tatasky DD National & Hindi Channels - Improper Reception

• Thread starter Thread starter appanp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 10,839
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you have irregular - not smooth and picture frames getting displayed with jerky movements - reception of the DD National & Hindi channels? Usually this happens during prime-time in the evening.

This happened while watching the Cricket in DD National y'day - ok in the afternoon but quality got bad in the evening.

I am not sure if it is anything to do with Digicomp, I have a old one, bought may be more than a year back.

We called Tata Sky CS and they say that will charge Rs.350 just a send a person to check.

I too am facing the exact same issue and the Tata CC is asking 350 bucks for an engineer visit. Would one keep paying them 350 for every new problem...? Would request you to share the solution to your problem..? Did you actually ended up paying them or is there any other alternative..?

^ Try finding out who your local Tata engineer [can be Tata Sky / Tata Indicom anyone] engineer is, and get him home. He will still charge money, but atleast will be much cheaper and easily available.

From my experience with Tata Sky, they don't send professional people either. The couple of times I had the opportunity to shell out 350 bucks for a 'visit', I had to interact with people who knew only the local language [me being an outsider, I could not understand anything], and worse, they neither understood what I told them, nor could they solve the problem. In both cases, the chaps were the same folks who come once in a while to repair another idiotic Tata product of ours - Tata Indicom. Having these people handy only helps avoid the additional charges that Tata Sky leverages, while still getting the same level of service.

The people sent by Tata Sky are highly skilled people. One or two may be an amateur. These people repair so many Stb's so they are skilled at it. These people are professionals and know what they are doing.HOWEVER, I do understand that there may have been people with bad experiences. I do not want to disprove anyone's claim.

yep highly skilled to collect the bill:evil:

and also to brain wash the newbies/lesser brained people in beliving it the best DTH in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back